To People In The Boston Area...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WantsThisBad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I suggest everyone head over to the Museum of Science and check out the Body World 2 exhibit. It is a fantastic opportunity to see the most intimate details of the human anatomy. I do think it was slightly morbid and in reality not very educational, however I feel as though you leave the exhibit with a lot more respect for the intricacies of the human body and a new realization about how we are fragile organic organisms. This exhibit just fueled my interest in learning about the human body and ailments of. I would like to here about others experiences with the exhibit. – Nick :thumbup:

P.S. When I entered the exhibit, it just so happened that the group in front of me in line was a surgeon and what I think was his entire OR staff. The first body on display had had a total knee done, and one of the women (I think was either a surgeon, PA, or nurse) said, and I quote, “Look at that femoral component, I hate putting those suckers in!” and she said it really loud and then continued talking really loudly in a quiet exhibit about medical things…I think they were trying to show off that they were in the medical field or something. I don’t know it was just embarrassing. :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

This is new?

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to the Body World 3 exhibit in Houston's Museum of Natural Science. It was really amazing, but kind of pricey at $15 considering I have secondaries I need to pay :(

I went to Body World 2 in denver before it left for boston. It really is amazing, luckily I am moving to boston next week. I am definetly going to go again. I took two pretty extensive anatomy courses in undergrad, and I think it makes the exhibit better to know some anatomy before going. I also did a little bit of human dissection in undergrad which made me appreciate how difficult it is to get something to look that amazing.