To postpone or not? Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lilly344

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am signed up for the MCAT test date on May 24th. I am currently taking my AAMC's and I have been scoring the following:

AAMC 3: 29
AAMC 4: 28
AAMC 5: 32
AAMC 7: 31

I am planning on taking the rest of the exams soon. I was wondering if postponing my exam will help me achieve a higher score (I want to score better than my AAMCs). The only problem is that the next available test date in my state or nearby state is July 26th. Will it hurt me to postpone that long? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, I am not applying this cycle..

Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am signed up for the MCAT test date on May 24th. I am currently taking my AAMC's and I have been scoring the following:

AAMC 3: 29
AAMC 4: 28
AAMC 5: 32
AAMC 7: 31

I am planning on taking the rest of the exams soon. I was wondering if postponing my exam will help me achieve a higher score (I want to score better than my AAMCs). The only problem is that the next available test date in my state or nearby state is July 26th. Will it hurt me to postpone that long? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, I am not applying this cycle..

Thank you!!!

That's pretty similar to me. Isn't it too late to postpone at this point? I thought you'd just have to go to it and void it.

also very similar to me. Id say go for it unlss you want a top score...My goal personally is at least a 30, anything else is bonus for me lol. Ill be taking it may 24th as well

That's pretty similar to me. Isn't it too late to postpone at this point? I thought you'd just have to go to it and void it.

Yes, well I would have to do that..but that will mean that I will have to change my schedule ASAP.

Good luck to you both!