-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
To Renew or Not to Renew?
Started by grumps
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey grumps, I renewed all my pharmacist licenses even though I know I'll probably never be able to find another pharmacist job. I don't even trust any of the major chains at this point. I figure I might as well keep them all another 2 years and then decide.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I mean if you've done the CE anyways, why not? I am so depressed about my jobless situation right now. I haven't been able to pay my student loans all year and that was when I was doing what little work the company gave me before they let me go.
Medscape and Epocrates also has free CEs that you can do also in addition to the ones listed above.
penny wise, pound foolish.
seriously, you can't find a per diem crap retail job in bumfreak-middle-of-nowhere?
seriously, you can't find a per diem crap retail job in bumfreak-middle-of-nowhere?
Nope. Even the big chain retail companies often don't return calls or get back to you after you interview. Inconsiderate all the way around. Welcome to 2013. Good luck, new grads and people considering pharmacy school. Don't say we didn't warn you.
And one of my licenses are for a state I had to live in for 2 years just to be able to find work. I don't even have the money to move back there.
And one of my licenses are for a state I had to live in for 2 years just to be able to find work. I don't even have the money to move back there.
penny wise, pound foolish.
seriously, you can't find a per diem crap retail job in bumfreak-middle-of-nowhere?
If you do, it's going to be roxy shop.
What about the blue pills? Only if you got Mallinckrodt. I didn't even know what that company was or pay attention until I started in retail...
I don't bother paying for CE Broker. The free one works just fine.
If you're talking about FL, you can get 5 hours of live CE credit for free by attending the board meeting.
Lots of companies have free homestudy CEs.
If you're talking about FL, you can get 5 hours of live CE credit for free by attending the board meeting.
Lots of companies have free homestudy CEs.
Most of your expenses on that list seem pretty optional, if the cost of being an RPh is concerning to you?
Most of your expenses on that list seem pretty optional, if the cost of being an RPh is concerning to you?
Lol yeah. Who needs pharmacists letter and malpractice if you aren't even actively looking for work?
The overall cost is about $10.50 per month to maintain license. Grumps could sacrifice two mcdonalds sandwiches per month and maintain licensure. Post doesn't make as much sense after really reading into it
Definitely renew, what if there is a hurricane or tsunami and they need pharmacists, then you are ready to take the job.
I guess I should say, let it lapse, more jobs for me--haha. But really, I can't imagine anyone letting their license lapse, and risk having to take the NABPLEX & law exam again. I mean really. Nobody knows what the future holds, once you've worked so hard to get a license, I would maintain it, no matter how "certain" you are that you will never work in that profession again. I've know a few people in different medical fields who let their license lapse, and trying to pass the test after one hasn't worked for several years is very hard.
Do not let your Florida license lapse! The board will make you take some stupid licensing exam just so that you can count pills at a retail pill mill. 👎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K