to retake or not to retake, that is the question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MilDoc23

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No. But if you want to no one will stop you. I mean what if some of the sci questions are different and you end up with a 23 instead of that 26. Dental schools will only be looking at the most recent test. As long as you have over a 20 on RC I wouldn't even think about it personally. .

go ahead and retake, since your a perfectionist this test shouldnt be a problem for you. who knows you might even score higher the second time around. You can do this. may the force be with you

you should have no problems getting into harvard;)

Members don't see this ad :)
My stats: pat-26 bio-22 chem-24 ochem-22 ts-22 rc-20 qr-21 aa-22

when did you take it the first time?

Just be forewarned that many people that have retook have acted as if QR and RC have changed....

I have no idea if this has any legitimacy, but it seems to be a consensus among many.

My stats: pat-26 bio-22 chem-24 ochem-22 ts-22 rc-20 qr-21 aa-22

solid scores you havee a great shot getting into college of your choice. U shouldn't have a problem. Just a quick question..what resources did u use to study with? and what did you use mainly on the qr section of the dat exam?? please share your advice, anything is appreciated.

Hello all,
I am pretty worried about how much emphasis is put on RC because that section was my lowest score. I checked predents.com last night and looked at the stats from the last application cycle for schools that I am applying to. For example, Columbia's and Harvard's average RC scores for those who were accepted are very high (I only saw a few scores lower than 22). Other schools were quite similar (maybe a little lower). Even though I was scoring 23-26 on practice tests (maybe a couple 21s here and there), I fumbled around like an idiot on RC during the real DAT. I got off to a slow start and couldn't recover. I guess I didn't have it during test day. In addition to increased passage length, the computer format/display of the passage and questions were different from the Kaplan practice tests I took. I ended up with a 20 on the RC section and mostly mid-low 20s (26,24,22, etc.) on the rest of the sections. I am happy with most of my scores, but I'm a perfectionist and I can't help but second guess myself sometimes. During the test, I didn't feel like I performed to the best of my ability in a couple of sections. I know I could do better as well, but is it worth it to retake? Any advice? Do I have good enough stats to have a chance of being accepted into an Ivy?
In addition, I attend a prestigious university and have a ~3.67 OGPA and ~3.57 SGPA. Over the past three summers, I have worked about 1500 hours as an orthodontic assistant.
Thanks

Kudos to you man, I speak for most of us fellow SDN'ers when I say, I'd sure love to have your problems, heh! Time to party & celebrate, woot!