SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

to start studying or not?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Simplystressed, May 25, 2008.

1. Simplystressed

Simplystressed 2+ Year Member

Aug 20, 2007
    so i'm currently sitting on three waitlists.

i realize that if i want to reapply i need to do so soon. but the main "flaw" in last cycle's application were my DAT scores. Anyone in the same boat and considering to start studying again?

honestly studying for the DAT was painful and i'd hate to start doing it again...ugh i waitlists are rough.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. musl85

musl85 10+ Year Member

Aug 13, 2007
    while it is painful to be on the waitlist and have to take the DAT again, i would start studying again. The sooner you get the scores into the admissions office, the sooner they will consider your application and give you early interviews. Im sure if you dont get in this cycle, your experience from the cycle will help you out in the next one.:)
  4. doc3232

doc3232 7+ Year Member

Feb 15, 2008
    what were your scores and how long did you study?
  5. jigabodo

jigabodo Dentist 10+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    If you want to start studying, you should start soon. Go for it for an intense 2 months and take it sometime in July. Good luck!
  6. sportygirl

sportygirl Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Hey! I'm currently on four waitlist with the DAT being my weak point. It is SOOO hard to begin studying, but I think I am going to buckle down. I decided to tak biochem during summer one so I may review DAT material during the class and study hardcore for a month after. The class ends end of June....then I'm going to Costa Rica/Panama for two weeks on a dental mission in July. How do you think I should organize my timeline?