• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

    Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

To study or not to study...

J.opt

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2002
559
0
    I have been accepted to optometry school and I’m taking several hard classes this semester.
    I’m unsure on whether I should study hard and ace these classes, or take it easy and enjoy my last semester in college.
    Is it OK to slack off during your last undergrad semester?
     

    xpothosx

    Member
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Nov 4, 2004
    37
    0
      J.opt said:
      I have been accepted to optometry school and I’m taking several hard classes this semester.
      I’m unsure on whether I should study hard and ace these classes, or take it easy and enjoy my last semester in college.
      Is it OK to slack off during your last undergrad semester?


      I know exactly what you mean. I feel the senioritis. Im trying my hardest to keep focused though.
       
      About the Ads

      jb4teen

      Member
      10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 7, 2004
      56
      0
        I know exactly how you feel. I have a semester of hard classes, but non of them are prereqs. I don't have the motivation to study at all now that I am accepted!!! Its so hard to focus when it doesn't mean as much anymore. So it doesn't really matter as long as you stay away from the D's and F's??
         

        wrx04

        Member
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Jan 7, 2005
        38
        0
          I'm a 3rd year and once I got accepted, I dropped all my courses for this semester except for calculus which is the last of my pre-reqs. Why should I spend extra money and waste my time on classes I don't need? Its vacation time 'til next August. :D
           

          samwY

          Member
          10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          May 10, 2004
          97
          1
          New York City - OSU
            WRX04 eh? I'm a WRX driver too, bugeye'd though.

            Here's a pic of a friend's car.
            Funny cause I was just posting this link at another forum for a friend. How convenient.

            1317spread.jpg
             

            J.opt

            Full Member
            7+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Oct 24, 2002
            559
            0
              jb4teen said:
              I know exactly how you feel. I have a semester of hard classes, but non of them are prereqs. I don't have the motivation to study at all now that I am accepted!!! Its so hard to focus when it doesn't mean as much anymore. So it doesn't really matter as long as you stay away from the D's and F's??
              It would be nice to get great grades in these classes, but sometimes I feel like it's not worth the effort (and I can't drop the classes because I have to have a bachelors.)
              So, have you guys given up yet? :( :D
               

              jb4teen

              Member
              10+ Year Member
              5+ Year Member
              Dec 7, 2004
              56
              0
                J.opt said:
                It would be nice to get great grades in these classes, but sometimes I feel like it's not worth the effort (and I can't drop the classes because I have to have a bachelors.)
                So, have you guys given up yet? :( :D


                Yeah I don't even need a bachelors, as I'm only in third year. But I am passed the add/drop deadline so it would just be a waste of money to drop the courses. So I am just going to go through the motions and get what I get. Haha Its kinda fun.
                 

                vtrain

                Senior Member
                10+ Year Member
                15+ Year Member
                Nov 18, 2002
                265
                2
                The other side of no where
                  1) find out what min GPA is required by the opt school. 2) Go ahead and slack off (but not too much!). I did the same and pulled off a couple of C's in my second semester. Once you're in, opt schools dont care, as long as you have the minimum. Once youre in optometry school and beyond (ie past this prereq stuff), undergrad grades mean zilch...unless of course, you apply for a residency!
                   
                  About the Ads
                  This thread is more than 16 years old.

                  Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

                  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  7. This thread is locked.