To submit academic update or not? (took immunology)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2THDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my current standing in class is 85 and even with a 100 on final, i am only at 88.9 and i doubt t my professor curves anything.

So it looks almost certain that i will be receiving B for the course unless my professor has a change of heart and gives out a huge curve.

Since i am only taking one class, would receiving B look pretty bad and affect my chance of getting off of waitlist? I do work 40hrs /week though. I blame it on not having enough time and class being difficult as well.

Should i opt out of doing academic update? (i have not put this on the aadsas app planned course section).

What yall think

Members don't see this ad.

Like in pregnancy, there is a limit to how long you will be able to hide your academic update. Your grade is unlikely to make a difference on getting off the waitlist, which is predicated on someone declining an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
Like in pregnancy, there is a limit to how long you will be able to hide your academic update. Your grade is unlikely to make a difference on getting off the waitlist, which is predicated on someone declining an acceptance.

not trying to hide it forever, just saying if it won't help, what's the point of sending it in.
But I entertained the metaphor!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the Same question. I'm taking biochem and physics this semester and they are not what I expected. If I would get a B- and maybe B+ I feel like that would hurt my app if I did an academic update since I have not been accepted so far but have received interviews. The school i interviewed at told me they send out 2nd batch of acceptance in late January??

Any suggestions If people have been in similar situations??

I think that if you have already told the school you are taking classes this semester and don't send an academic update then they may even more skeptical. I say just work your butt off and get that 100 so you can atleast make the B+. Besides, immuno is a dental school course so I'm sure earning a B+ will be looked upon favorably.