Quantcast

To submit AMCAS today or not??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whateva07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying decide should I submit. I dont think my transcript has been received, but I think I'm done with my app. Anyone else submitting today?

Also I have 5 schools I'm applying to for now, and I guess I will just add to that later (which you can do right?).

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
you can add more later, yeah.

if you're done, might as well go ahead with it. let your transcripts be the hold up, not the rest of your app.

just be sure you have it how you want it, you can't go edit it later.

Bradstein

Friendly R3
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're sure that it's the best application you can submit. Quality >> speed during the early part of June.

I thought I'd submit ASAP, but I'm still polishing up my personal statement.

NBA Cares

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference between submitting today and tomorrow? I see people have been verified already. I am kind in the same boat in terms of trying to proof-reading ps and activities once more.

armybound

urologist.
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference between submitting today and tomorrow? I see people have been verified already. I am kind in the same boat in terms of trying to proof-reading ps and activities once more.
today's just the first day, and everyone likes to be as early as possible. there's really no difference between submitting today and in a month.

Bradstein

Friendly R3
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
:laugh: I'm surprised people are verified already. I think the amount of people submitting in the next couple days will stay pretty minuscule. I think you'll be fine. Besides, as long as you're verified by around June 25 you'll still be in the first wave of applications.

Little Etoile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you're sure that it's the best application you can submit. Quality >> speed during the early part of June.

I thought I'd submit ASAP, but I'm still polishing up my personal statement.

Agreed. I was planning on submitting first thing June 4th but I keep tinkering with my personal statement to get it just right. It's worth it to me to sacrifice a few days (not that a few days will really make a difference this early in the game anyway) to make sure my application is perfectly polished. I want to know that I turned in the best application I could. I would definitely recommend you do the same. You don't want any "what-ifs" or head-->desk moments when you have that "ah-ha" moment in which you realized how you could have changed you PS just a *bit* to blow it out of the water.

Turning your app in a few days earlier won't make much of a difference, but having a well-formed PS and combed-over app will.

Good luck! :luck:

pianola

MS2
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
me = not today.

Soon.

Bradstein

Friendly R3
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You don't want any "what-ifs" or head-->desk moments when you have that "ah-ha" moment in which you realized how you could have changed you PS just a *bit* to blow it out of the water.

Luckily I had that YESTERDAY. I had an official copy of one my transcripts from a community college, but I realized it didn't have my first aid class and I never put it into AMCAS. So luckily I caught that before I submitted, I don't know how long it would hold me up if I forgot to INPUT a class.

pianola

MS2
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Luckily I had that YESTERDAY. I had an official copy of one my transcripts from a community college, but I realized it didn't have my first aid class and I never put it into AMCAS. So luckily I caught that before I submitted, I don't know how long it would hold me up if I forgot to INPUT a class.

Thanks, you reminded me of something *I* forgot...

1956Goldtop

like others have said, if you get it in before early July, there will be no appreciable difference. After this time, it is in your best interest to get your application in as early as possible.

supertrooper66

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
yea man, don't stress! you're gonna be in the first wave anyways. i'm submitting mine in 3 weeks because i'm waiting on some summer grades. in that time, it gives me ample opportunity to make changes! haha

carolinablue09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted today b/c I probably would have done more harm than good by proofing those activity descriptions and PS any more. Enough is enough, I'm just glad it's done.

Lacheln

Cavorting in the Hills
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm trying decide should I submit. I dont think my transcript has been received, but I think I'm done with my app. Anyone else submitting today?

Also I have 5 schools I'm applying to for now, and I guess I will just add to that later (which you can do right?).

I'm debating the same thing. It's done, and I was planning on submitting today, but it occurred to me last night that since one of my transcripts won't be received until at least the 15th I might as well not submit until then in case I decide I want to revise something. On the other hand there's something to be said for just letting GO. :oops:

I'm also only putting a few schools on now since I want to wait for the next paycheck to come before doing the rest. I've heard it makes no difference to the verification process, which is correct, right?

chad5871

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm debating the same thing. It's done, and I was planning on submitting today, but it occurred to me last night that since one of my transcripts won't be received until at least the 15th I might as well not submit until then in case I decide I want to revise something. On the other hand there's something to be said for just letting GO. :oops:

I'm also only putting a few schools on now since I want to wait for the next paycheck to come before doing the rest. I've heard it makes no difference to the verification process, which is correct, right?

Yep. Even if you submit with just one school listed, they'll verify your application in the same manner as if you had applied to 60 schools. Plus, when you add more schools later, they don't have to re-verify your application and it will be sent immediately to the schools.

Good luck! :thumbup:

whateva07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
submitted! I couldnt stop looking at it. You can keep looking at your application forever, and at point u just got be like just submit it, get it over with.

A

Alfred E Newman

submitted! I couldnt stop looking at it. You can keep looking at your application forever, and at point u just got be like just submit it, get it over with.

No need to delay the inevitable. If you're happy with it, get that sucker off your hands.

Lacheln

Cavorting in the Hills
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep. Even if you submit with just one school listed, they'll verify your application in the same manner as if you had applied to 60 schools. Plus, when you add more schools later, they don't have to re-verify your application and it will be sent immediately to the schools.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Sweet, thanks for the confirmation. :)

rowerlauren

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted it as early as I could... I think 8:37 Central this morning.

I just had to send if off so I would stop changing around commas and making stupid changes to my activities.

Pedsbro

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been told by an assistant dean of admissions that you're pretty much good as long as it's in by the end of June. He made that point when I asked him if I should wait for my spring quarter grades to come out...which will be 3rd week of June for me. He said I had absolutely nothing to be concerned about submitting it around that time. Mid-July and after is when it starts becoming "late" and things get delayed more. May or may not be universally true...