Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

To submit AMCAS today or not??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by whateva07, Jun 4, 2008.

1. whateva07

whateva07 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So I'm trying decide should I submit. I dont think my transcript has been received, but I think I'm done with my app. Anyone else submitting today?

Also I have 5 schools I'm applying to for now, and I guess I will just add to that later (which you can do right?).

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. armybound

armybound urologist.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    you can add more later, yeah.

if you're done, might as well go ahead with it. let your transcripts be the hold up, not the rest of your app.

just be sure you have it how you want it, you can't go edit it later.

4. Bradstein

Bradstein Friendly R3
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you're sure that it's the best application you can submit. Quality >> speed during the early part of June.

I thought I'd submit ASAP, but I'm still polishing up my personal statement.

5. NBA Cares

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Is there a difference between submitting today and tomorrow? I see people have been verified already. I am kind in the same boat in terms of trying to proof-reading ps and activities once more.

6. armybound

armybound urologist.

Resident [Any Field]
    today's just the first day, and everyone likes to be as early as possible. there's really no difference between submitting today and in a month.

7. Bradstein

Bradstein Friendly R3
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    :laugh: I'm surprised people are verified already. I think the amount of people submitting in the next couple days will stay pretty minuscule. I think you'll be fine. Besides, as long as you're verified by around June 25 you'll still be in the first wave of applications.

8. Little Etoile

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Agreed. I was planning on submitting first thing June 4th but I keep tinkering with my personal statement to get it just right. It's worth it to me to sacrifice a few days (not that a few days will really make a difference this early in the game anyway) to make sure my application is perfectly polished. I want to know that I turned in the best application I could. I would definitely recommend you do the same. You don't want any "what-ifs" or head-->desk moments when you have that "ah-ha" moment in which you realized how you could have changed you PS just a *bit* to blow it out of the water.

Turning your app in a few days earlier won't make much of a difference, but having a well-formed PS and combed-over app will.

Good luck! :luck:

9. pianola

pianola MS2
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    me = not today.

Soon.

10. Bradstein

Bradstein Friendly R3
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

Luckily I had that YESTERDAY. I had an official copy of one my transcripts from a community college, but I realized it didn't have my first aid class and I never put it into AMCAS. So luckily I caught that before I submitted, I don't know how long it would hold me up if I forgot to INPUT a class.

11. pianola

pianola MS2
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

Thanks, you reminded me of something *I* forgot...

12. 1956Goldtop

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    like others have said, if you get it in before early July, there will be no appreciable difference. After this time, it is in your best interest to get your application in as early as possible.

13. Bradstein

Bradstein Friendly R3
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm glad I could help! :D

14. supertrooper66

Removed

yea man, don't stress! you're gonna be in the first wave anyways. i'm submitting mine in 3 weeks because i'm waiting on some summer grades. in that time, it gives me ample opportunity to make changes! haha

15. carolinablue09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I submitted today b/c I probably would have done more harm than good by proofing those activity descriptions and PS any more. Enough is enough, I'm just glad it's done.

16. Lacheln

Lacheln Cavorting in the Hills
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm debating the same thing. It's done, and I was planning on submitting today, but it occurred to me last night that since one of my transcripts won't be received until at least the 15th I might as well not submit until then in case I decide I want to revise something. On the other hand there's something to be said for just letting GO. :oops:

I'm also only putting a few schools on now since I want to wait for the next paycheck to come before doing the rest. I've heard it makes no difference to the verification process, which is correct, right?

17. chad5871

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Yep. Even if you submit with just one school listed, they'll verify your application in the same manner as if you had applied to 60 schools. Plus, when you add more schools later, they don't have to re-verify your application and it will be sent immediately to the schools.

Good luck! :thumbup:

18. whateva07

whateva07 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    submitted! I couldnt stop looking at it. You can keep looking at your application forever, and at point u just got be like just submit it, get it over with.

19. Alfred E Newman

No need to delay the inevitable. If you're happy with it, get that sucker off your hands.

20. Lacheln

Lacheln Cavorting in the Hills
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sweet, thanks for the confirmation. :)

21. rowerlauren

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I submitted it as early as I could... I think 8:37 Central this morning.

I just had to send if off so I would stop changing around commas and making stupid changes to my activities.

22. Pedsbro

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I have been told by an assistant dean of admissions that you're pretty much good as long as it's in by the end of June. He made that point when I asked him if I should wait for my spring quarter grades to come out...which will be 3rd week of June for me. He said I had absolutely nothing to be concerned about submitting it around that time. Mid-July and after is when it starts becoming "late" and things get delayed more. May or may not be universally true...