to take or not to take...that is my question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artsydoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have done a couple AAMC (#5 and #6) and got 32 (8PS ouch, 11 BS, 13V) and 31 (9PS, 9BS, 13V) respectively and am currently scheduled to take July 30th. I don't feel confident but probably never will and am still studying/taking practice tests like mad. Can't decide if I should just do it and be done or put off applying. Really don't want to wait though. I'm an old lady compared to other applicants. I'm very interested in DO and have a sky high GPA from a killer college if it makes a difference. Opinions? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are happy with the scores you are getting, I don't see why not. On the other hand, when you say, "I don't feel confident but probably never will," this raises an eyebrow. No one walks into the test feeling like Superman, but many will agree that confidence is one key element to doing well on tests like the MCAT.

I would definitely take it with a high gpa. If you have been studying than take it. If you knowingly haven't put in the time then wait. With a high gpa / extracurrics you can get into decent schools even with a 25-30 MCAT.