to those of you freaking out about seats "filling up"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a trend on here about a lot of SDN'rs that are applyn to med school freaking out about seats filling up already. first of all - most D.O schools PRIMARY deadline is around December / January, and SECONDARY deadlines are after that, all the way up to SPRING. from my knowledge from school websites and advisors, yes, its good to apply early, and helpful, because applications increase as the process goes on - However, seats are NOT full by november, december, or even january. - Most med schools have about half, or a litte more, seats filled by december. The other half are up in the air until spring. So if you can't get your secondaries or primaries in until november, and are wondering if you should apply, the answer should be YES! apply! - people get accepted / taken off waitlists up till July, and many schools interview through April - we're close to the halfway point in the interview cycle, but nowhere near the end - so if u guys want a shot at getting into a school, then just apply and wait!!!
:D

Members don't see this ad.

I've noticed a trend on here about a lot of SDN'rs that are applyn to med school freaking out about seats filling up already. first of all - most D.O schools PRIMARY deadline is around December / January, and SECONDARY deadlines are after that, all the way up to SPRING. from my knowledge from school websites and advisors, yes, its good to apply early, and helpful, because applications increase as the process goes on - However, seats are NOT full by november, december, or even january. - Most med schools have about half, or a litte more, seats filled by december. The other half are up in the air until spring. So if you can't get your secondaries or primaries in until november, and are wondering if you should apply, the answer should be YES! apply! - people get accepted / taken off waitlists up till July, and many schools interview through April - we're close to the halfway point in the interview cycle, but nowhere near the end - so if u guys want a shot at getting into a school, then just apply and wait!!!
:D
Also, DO schools accept more students than they have seats. No need to fret just yet. Get in those AACOMAS and Secondary applications!