To those that scored over 230.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RussianJoo

Useless Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone that scored above 230 on step2ck just use kaplan books and dvds with USMLE World q's?

From what you guy have seen on these threads is that enough material? That's what I used for step1 and did pretty well. So I am just wondering if that will also work for step2 as well?

thank you for your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone that scored above 230 on step2ck just use kaplan books and dvds with USMLE World q's?

From what you guy have seen on these threads is that enough material? That's what I used for step1 and did pretty well. So I am just wondering if that will also work for step2 as well?

thank you for your replies.

Those are the only resources I used and got a 249...its totally a comprehensive strategy to use those 2 resources, I say go for; you'll do well.

i'll let you know in a couple months. i take the test in less than 2 weeks.

i'm mainly doing UW. I have read kaplan once for shelf exams, but not in detail. there's too much info to remember even with kaplan.
so i gave up on kaplan. no way i'm gonna read that with 1.8 weeks left.

i'm doing UW for the second time right now,looking at all my wrong answers, trying to learn the strategies of avoiding wrong answers, writing down word associations, buzzwords, etc.

this stupid ck is a big game

thats basically the only resources i used. i read the texts 2-3 times each and went through most of world, got a 237 and felt very confident during the exam. if you wanted to supplement anything else i would say boards and wards is good to breeze through the last week cus those testbooks can get a little thick especially towards the end of your prep... good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you taken NBME shelf exams as part of your clinical rotations?

This will make a significant difference in the amount of review material you will need.
Agreed. I had to take a shelf for every third-year rotation. Did about half of USMLEWorld questions and nothing else. 266.

Learn the crap third year. CK is a lot less "crammable" than Step I.