To thoses applying to PT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureDPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too late for me to send in my PTCAS application. Am I considered late at applying and does that mean that my chances of getting accepted are lower The people that I asked to write a recommendation letter for me did not send it in yet, which is really annoying me. Please advice me. Thanks...and feel free to ask any questions regarding the application process, I'll be glad to help if I can.

Members don't see this ad.

The short answer is that you are not too late. PTCAS sends emails to let you know when deadlines are approaching, and I believe only one or two schools have elapsed deadlines right now. More importantly though, you need to check the deadlines for the particular schools you are looking at, since deadlines vary a great deal.
I don't think you're chances will be hurt at all as long as you:
- Work on the PTCAS application ASAP if you haven't already. I was surprised how long it took to fill out!
- Give a friendly reminder phone call to your recommenders. PTCAS will actually forward your application to schools and send the recommendations later so that they don't hold up your application.
- Request that your transcripts be sent ASAP if you haven't done so already. PTCAS will not forward your application to schools without these, and they actually take a few days comparing your transcript to your application. You don't want that to be what's holding things up.

And Good Luck! I submitted last week, and now I'm just waiting... and waiting...

It's not too late until the deadline passes and you can't submit it. Some of the school deadlines have moved to Oct. 15, because I think it is to accomodate all the people struggling with the new app process, so this might give you a little more time. Some deadlines are "soft" as well and you can submit them later.