To UF Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gators14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do you have to be in class. Since you can view all lectures on line. The only time you have to be in class is for group presentations and tests?......also do you have any labs during the first two years at UF...thax

Members don't see this ad.

First year 2-3 days/wk
Second year 2 days/wk
Third year 5 days/wk

These are just averages though, some weeks more, some less. During your 3rd year you won't have many lectures but many live classes. Also some classes require supplementary live classes. You won't have a lab until 3rd year. If you're involved in organizations you might be there more. I did drive to school a couple of extra days each semester for organization meetings.

ETA: this is how it was in Orlando, other campuses may be a little different, it depends on the facilitators.

It also depends on your schedule. Some classes place you into a group and each group might meet on a different day of the week. At St Pete I ended up going about 2 times a week during year one, 3 times a week in year two, 4 times a week in year 3, and 3 times a week in year 4.

I have been at the Gainesville campus the previous four years, and went to class everyday. Personally, I looked at it as something that was required and more beneficial than viewing the lectures online.