To what extent do you need to know this?

Started by ffpickle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ffpickle

Thread Killer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Before entering Pharm School, how much Organic Chem should you know?

I'm worried because they didn't teach us D/L configuration or Fischer Projections very well (Basically at all, in my opinion).

Which aspects of Organic Chem are imp to know?
 
I agree with Sparda. That's all of the chemistry we've used as well. You might need a bit more ochem review once you take medchem, but you should ask some of the upperclassman at your school what they think is important as it will vary by school/prof.
 
You will need quite a bit of Organic chemistry for the PCAT. I have not used any in Pharmacy school.

I recommend this book series: Organic Chemistry as a second language by David Klein. There is a book I and II. Both are very short but work very well at explaining the organic concepts.

51EkNDJ-1OL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg