toefl score for nbde

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalbuzz21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i am a dentist from india. i have recently come to us and took toefl exam. today i received a score of 90. i was wondering if i should prepare for my boards first and then worry about the toefl score. i have visited many dental school websites and everyone has different toefl score requirement. plz tell what shold i do?

Members don't see this ad.

TOEFL is not something you can just prepare in a month or so. It does take time to achieve a good score. My advise - study for the board exams and improve your English at the same time. The goal is at least a 100

Reactions: 1 user
Thankyou for your advise. If you have taken the boards, can you please tell me how you prepared, i mean what all study materials is required? I have bought dental decks n first aid.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are the classes for boards beneficial? Or i should just prepare at home? And whats an average time for preparation?

Classes are not necessary, just study at home. Decks are the best, but if you feel you do not remember much of the subject - review more from the textbook.People also advise TUFT pharmacology and pathology

It took me maybe 3 months each to prepare, but I was not in a rush

Well, i am planning to give exam this year. Are dental decks sufficient? I think i need to review my theory first, may be from kaplans or is there any other book i should order?

Decks are like a review plan. I liked Kaplan notes for part1 and had a separate book for dental anatomy

Thanks oralcare. I have very old edition if kaplans. Do i need to buy a new one and which book is good for dental anat?