toefl score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sept

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,i have a good toefl score of 109 ibt.most unive dont havea toefl expiration date but UIC seems very particulAR OF TOEFL being within 2 yrs from start of class.so i guess i wil have to take it again to apply to uic.
anyone taken it again just to apply for uic

Members don't see this ad.

As far as i know, all schools require toefl to be not older than 2 years. Actually, ets themselves wont issue a score report for u if it was older than 2 years..correct me anyone if i am wrong

MOST if not ALL universities want a toefl score less than 2 yrs old....if you are in doubt i would suggest retake the toefl ...i know TOO many ppl who got rejected JUST because their toefl score was expired so it's not only about UIC.

hi,i have a good toefl score of 109 ibt.most unive dont havea toefl expiration date but UIC seems very particulAR OF TOEFL being within 2 yrs from start of class.so i guess i wil have to take it again to apply to uic.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also in the same boat. I have a score of 106 but I have to retake not just for uic but for all the schools I am applying this year. toefl scores expires after 2 yrs & ets wont report it anymore. so iam taking the test this month

I am also in the same boat. I have a score of 106 but I have to retake not just for uic but for all the schools I am applying this year. toefl scores expires after 2 yrs & ets wont report it anymore. so iam taking the test this month
hi i need an urgent suggestion. i took toefl by june 2008 and i got 107.now i retook and i got 100 .for the schools which start the admission cycle by may, shall i report the june 2008 score? do you think that i have to improve the score 100 or is that enough. please advice

Hey
Just asking one question, well i took the IBT last May and I got a score of 91, should I retake it?
I mean some universities ask for a score of 92, others for 100, so what do you recommend me?

Thanks!
:)

Hey
Just asking one question, well i took the IBT last May and I got a score of 91, should I retake it?
I mean some universities ask for a score of 92, others for 100, so what do you recommend me?

Thanks!
:)

Hey cfar83,
If I were you, I would retake it anytime soon. I agree that few schools have a minimum requirement of 90-95 but anything more than 100 is safe for ALL schools and will assist you get more interviews.

hi i need an urgent suggestion. i took toefl by june 2008 and i got 107.now i retook and i got 100 .for the schools which start the admission cycle by may, shall i report the june 2008 score? do you think that i have to improve the score 100 or is that enough. please advice

Hi butchh,
I think you should ask and confirm with schools before submitting old score 107. 100 is enough but there's no harm in retaking it, more is always better.