Tom Ryan, Ceo of CVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good lord, I don't know what the heck I'd do without at least 2 or 3 career techs. They were the glue that held the pharmacy together (ie have been around for 10, 15, or 20+ years).
 
Ah, I understand. Yeah, then you guys have better staffing than us. We only have one tech who does it for a career, she works 9-5 M-F, albeit doesn't have PTCB certification. The other main tech is computeraphobic and basically just puts the order away or does pick up, works 11-4 M-F.

There is one "true" intern, she's a P2 at LIU and works all day Sunday. I'm the P1, work all day Saturday. And then the rest are your pre-pharmacy/pre-medical/high school seniors.

Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good lord, I don't know what the heck I'd do without at least 2 or 3 career techs. They were the glue that held the pharmacy together (ie have been around for 10, 15, or 20+ years).

Yup, it's hard to keep training new techs & they leave when they are completely trained :help:
 
They always find higher paying jobs...ot just change careers...

I have a problem understanding why a lot of career techs stick around. For the most part, they show a high level of competence and capabilites that would easily get them jobs somewhere that pays better and is far more rewarding. By no means am I complaining about them being around, but it just seems odd that so many people are there for so long.
 
I have a problem understanding why a lot of career techs stick around. For the most part, they show a high level of competence and capabilites that would easily get them jobs somewhere that pays better and is far more rewarding. By no means am I complaining about them being around, but it just seems odd that so many people are there for so long.

for a lot of them , its what they know...it's what they have done...they too are probably scared of changing careers..It's a comfort thing...