Tonometry Prism Tip

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpames

Optometrist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ATTN OD students:

ICO is requiring us to purchase our own tonometry probes this year b/c a number of them disappeared last year. I'm organizing a LARGE purchase of tips through a couple companies, in an attempt to beat the bookstore price. If any of you at other schools need to buy your own tips and would like to get in of this please let me know. As of now I can get an off-Brand tip for $50 and a Hogstip (spelling) tip for $88. I'm trying to get them to go down on the Hogstrip (two companies are bidding right now). If I can promise an even larger order I'm sure they can get it cheaper. Therefore try to get your classes to buy them through this.

Rpames

Members don't see this ad.

how much do they go for in the bookstores?

I think they are about $75 this year and I'm pretty sure they are an off-brand. Last year they were ~$95.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rpames,
I'm in.
Call me:)

Eyegirl.

We are still organizing it so nothing is in stone, but we will make an annocement soon to the class. Since this is not through the school, you can't charge it to your account. I think the checks will be made out to me and then I will send a check to the company. We'll have to see how it all works out.

rpames said:
ATTN OD students:

ICO is requiring us to purchase our own tonometry probes this year b/c a number of them disappeared last year. I'm organizing a LARGE purchase of tips through a couple companies, in an attempt to beat the bookstore price. If any of you at other schools need to buy your own tips and would like to get in of this please let me know. As of now I can get an off-Brand tip for $50 and a Hogstip (spelling) tip for $88. I'm trying to get them to go down on the Hogstrip (two companies are bidding right now). If I can promise an even larger order I'm sure they can get it cheaper. Therefore try to get your classes to buy them through this.

Rpames

sounds like a good deal