Too hot for motorcyle in Arizona?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creflo

time to eat
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinkig of selling my truck and replacing with a motorcycle when I come out to AZPOD this fall. Is it too hot? Any current students doing this? thought it would be a good way to break up the monotony. Probably will live about 3 miles from campus.

Members don't see this ad.

i would not recommend it the summer is pretty brutal 110+ this week and sometimes you have to make rounds to doctors offices that are a little ways from campus.

Hey, I'm in a similar sitatuion. Debating if I should sell my scooter or haul it with me along with my car to AZ. It gets pretty hot here (Sacramento) in the summer, 100+. Its not too bad when you're riding it, but during those waits at the stoplight, you begin to roast to extra crispy. However, since we leave to campus pretty early and head home late, maybe the heat won't be unbearable at those times, unless as mentioned before, we have to leave in the middle of the day to make rounds. Going to the doctors' offices sweaty is always fun :p

Members don't see this ad :)
i highly recommend a sizzle cycle (no not ETS) for both your riding pleasure and cooking delights.

The most annoying part of riding a motor cycle or a moped is when you park it in parking lot with full noon and come from class wearing your summer shorts and sit on it and the suddenly bounce of it shouting oooch ooch awww awww by the hot seat. lol!:laugh: It feels like as if we sat on some hot pan or grill. lol!

Last summer me and my friend came from swimming and were still on our shorts and temp was in 95s. We both didnt realize how hot the seat will be and just sat and started it. Oh my god when it burnt , i just lost the control of the vehicle and we fell down:laugh: From that day onwards when ever i am on moped , i park it in a place where there is shadow.

But sitting on it makes me realize the pain an egg would experience when it is on its way to become omellete:)