Too late for airforce?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oclor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't know much about military scholarships until about a month ago. I was out of town for a while and when I got back the recruiter was out of town. So I didn't get to talk to a recruiter until yesterday (monday, 1/12/09). I asked him if it's too late to apply for the 4 year, since I'm ok with preparing for the 3 year now. He said to go ahead and apply for the 4 year since it's not too late. He also said that because of my gpa/dat scores, (3.47/20), i fit in this "matrix" that would mean they look at me before they look at others. I'm just repeating what he said here...

Anyways, does anyone know FOR SURE if it is worth/not worth applying? I don't want to waste my time and effort in applying if I'm just going to have to redo everything later for the 3 year program.

P.S. I started on the application and I am confident I can have it done within 2 weeks (including LOR's).

Members don't see this ad.

According to my recruiter, most of the scholarships are taken for the AF. I think you have a chance If you can really get everything done within two weeks, but it mite take more than two weeks with the physicals and the interview. And btw, you might want to make sure if you are matrix qualified, because i think the gpa cut off is 3.5. Just make sure you communicate with your recruiter, so you don't waste your time. Good Luck.

According to my recruiter, most of the scholarships are taken for the AF. I think you have a chance If you can really get everything done within two weeks, but it mite take more than two weeks with the physicals and the interview. And btw, you might want to make sure if you are matrix qualified, because i think the gpa cut off is 3.5. Just make sure you communicate with your recruiter, so you don't waste your time. Good Luck.

I think 3.5 is the cutoff for matrix qualification

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused as to how to get into contact with someone about the HSPS scholarship. I went to the airforce website about 2-3 weeks ago and filled out the info request form but haven't heard anything at all. Should I just go into my local airforce recruiter or do I have to go specifically to a health professions recruiter from the airforce (the closest one is a few hours away)? Any help would be great...Thanks

I'm confused as to how to get into contact with someone about the HSPS scholarship. I went to the airforce website about 2-3 weeks ago and filled out the info request form but haven't heard anything at all. Should I just go into my local airforce recruiter or do I have to go specifically to a health professions recruiter from the airforce (the closest one is a few hours away)? Any help would be great...Thanks
PM sent

I am interested in this as well.

air force just closed their HPSP for this year according to my recruiter.

can anyone help me how i can contact a recruiter in LA area for HPSP? the phone number listed on their website does not work..
thank you

can anyone help me how i can contact a recruiter in LA area for HPSP? the phone number listed on their website does not work..
thank you

I can PM you some info on Monday or Tues. There's a poster in our school that has some recruiter information. PM me to remind me if I don't back to you by the middle of next week.