Too late for Stafford Loans?

DrBodacious

15+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2003
This may have been covered in another thread, but is it too late to get Stafford subsidized and un-subsidized loans now? I haven't filled out the FAFSA yet. I'm not going to get any need-based $, but in an effort to be independent (I don't want to fund my entire education with loans from my parents savings) I wanted to take as much loan $ as possible. Can I still do this or will I have to break the news to my parents that I'll need it all from them for this year. Help!

Oh yea, I just got my first acceptance last week so that's why I just started thinking about this.

About the Ads

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2003
Originally posted by Chrisobean
stupid question -

on the FAFSA, q49..

At the beginning of the 2004-5 school year, will you the student be working on a masters or doctorate program?

medicine is a doctorate, right?
Yes and so is osteopathic medicine. Congrats on getting into NYCOM by the way. :thumbup:

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2003
Originally posted by Chrisobean
should we petition FAFSA and make them list DO next to MD in that question?!?!?!?!?
:D
I just looked at it on the website and for doctorate it doesn't mention DO. I guess we would be considered under etc. :laugh:

I called one of the DO schools and they said it is considered a doctorate degree making us independent.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.