Too late of a test date for GRE's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

athleticminded

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First time poster but long time obsverer on this website. You guys are all awesome for helping each other out so much on here and figured it's to to reach out and take advantage of this. I'm pretty far behind with this whole process and I'm planning(haven't signed up yet) on taking my GREs for the first time on Sept 15, but was wondering if it was too late to take it? I work close to 50 hours a week between a restaurant and PT clinic, but just cut back hours to focus on GREs/PT apps. I've thought about taking it earlier but would rather do it once and be as prepared as possible. The only schools that wouldn't have my scores are all the CSU schools- which begin on October 1st. The rest are in November and later so I think they should be fine, but I wanted some input from the rest of you guys. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

It generally takes 1o-15 days to receive the analytical writing score from ETS, so it would be cutting it close for the October 1st deadline. I have read on this forum that you can call ETS and pay a fee to know your score before the fifteen days for situations like you'd be in being close to the deadline. However, when I spoke to an ETS representative they said that they had never heard of anything like that, but I guess it just depends on the representative. Hopefully someone else can chime in and give you more input.

It generally takes 1o-15 days to receive the analytical writing score from ETS, so it would be cutting it close for the October 1st deadline. I have read on this forum that you can call ETS and pay a fee to know your score before the fifteen days for situations like you'd be in being close to the deadline. However, when I spoke to an ETS representative they said that they had never heard of anything like that, but I guess it just depends on the representative. Hopefully someone else can chime in and give you more input.

I actually called ETS to try and get mine, although I only took it this past Thursday...a bit over zealous perhaps haha. Anyway, she claimed that it wasn't possible but she did seem new to me. Anyone else have any info about this service? I'd like to purchase mine so I can go ahead and update my PTCAS portal as my applications are going out any day now.