1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Too late or no???

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by shikki79, Jun 23, 2002.

1. shikki79

shikki79 Member
    7+ Year Member

How long before the August MCAT should one start studying.
    I just started studying last week (so I guess I have about two months).
    Any advice on a study strategy to help me make the best use of the little time I have.
    (I'm taking the MCAT for the first time.)

Also what is an acceptable science gpa. Is it calculated based on the medical school prerequisites or based on every science/math class you've ever taken. (I'm a chem major that's why I was wondering).

2. VC15

VC15 MS4
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    2 months of studying is great if you've learned a lot of the material before. That's what I did last summer. Until two weeks before the test, I studied 15-20 hours a week on top of my summer job and any time spent going to Princeton Review MCAT classes. Then during the last 2 weeks before the test I wasn't working, so I bumped up the studying time to 4-5 hours a day.