1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Too late or no???

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by shikki79, Jun 23, 2002.

1. shikki79

shikki79 Member
    7+ Year Member

How long before the August MCAT should one start studying.
    I just started studying last week (so I guess I have about two months).
    Any advice on a study strategy to help me make the best use of the little time I have.
    (I'm taking the MCAT for the first time.)

Also what is an acceptable science gpa. Is it calculated based on the medical school prerequisites or based on every science/math class you've ever taken. (I'm a chem major that's why I was wondering).

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. VC15

VC15 MS4
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    2 months of studying is great if you've learned a lot of the material before. That's what I did last summer. Until two weeks before the test, I studied 15-20 hours a week on top of my summer job and any time spent going to Princeton Review MCAT classes. Then during the last 2 weeks before the test I wasn't working, so I bumped up the studying time to 4-5 hours a day.