Too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pianoboe01

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a MSIV currently on the interview trail for pathology. Realistically, is it too late to apply for radiology? I found a list of 11 programs still accepting applications that I would be interested in. I think there is a lot of overlap between path and rads since they are both so visually oriented, but I did not have a rotation in rads until last month. Furthermore, job prospects in path are not too good, while rads is in high demand. Otherwise, I'm an outstanding candidate. Step 1 256, not AOA, top quintile of my class (I don't know my exact rank), two research projects while in med school (both presented at national meetings, writing one up to publish currently), outstanding letters (none in rads, though). Advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can try considering your stats but my opinion is that programs will look at you suspiciously since it took you until November to submit an app.

d

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, it turns out that the programs I'm interested in and whose application deadlines have not passed already have full interview schedules and waiting lists. Guess I'll be sticking with pathology. I think I was just having a brief specialty decision panic attack - it has passed!

Well, it turns out that the programs I'm interested in and whose application deadlines have not passed already have full interview schedules and waiting lists. Guess I'll be sticking with pathology. I think I was just having a brief specialty decision panic attack - it has passed!

I think everyone goes through that. I've been told it occurs most frequently AFTER the match when everything has settled in.

Guess you got a jump on things ;)