Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Too many choices....HELP!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by scotties123, Apr 29, 2007.

1. scotties123

scotties123 GrandMacDaddy

Medical Student
    Hey guys. I have TPR books, I have Kaplan books, and I have EK books. Im trashin the kaplan because everyone hates them. From what I can gather on this forum, EK is best for Organic Chem and Bio. People also seem to think that EK lacks in Physics and Gen Chem. So I was thinking Orgo and Bio from Ek, and physics and gen chem from TPR. As for verbal, I do a full verbal section each day, either from AAMC old exams, or TPR. Sound alright? I tried using both TPR and EK for all subjects, and just reading from both, but there just isn't enough time in the day. I know I'm not really asking anything, just wanted to know what people thought. Thanks guys :) .

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. floatingsponge

Forget about the EK books. Do the following:

1) Do all the problems of 1001 EK Chemistry (best book of the 4 subjects)
    2) Do all the 101 Verbal of EK
    3) Do all the Biology 1001 EK (2nd best book of the 4 subjects)
    4) Do all 1001 EK of Physics (good book but not great)
    5) Do all the 1001 EK of Organic (worst of the 4)

If you can do all these and get about 80%-90% correct then you are ready to go.

4. sexyman

Medical Student
    Did u mean forget kaplan books? if so i concur

5. BrainTeazer

Medical Student
    Yup EK is great! I second it!

Goodluck!