Took a lab, but it was embedded into the course. how can I show this to medical school adcoms?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMed206!

Reaction score
So, I understand that this may be a silly question. I took Physics 1 & 2 (algebra-based), but at my school, only calculus-based physics has a separate lab grade for whatever reason. My lab was standard (met 1 day a week for 4 hours) and is in the same format as the one from calculus-based physics. The only difference was that it does not appear as a separate course grade; instead, it is combined with my lecture grade. Is this going to be an issue as I am almost done with my requirements, and it would SUCK if I had to basically start physics over because ADCOMS can't see that I did a separate lab. If anyone has advice or has had a similar experience to this, please share. I'd appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

So, I understand that this may be a silly question. I took Physics 1 & 2 (algebra-based), but at my school, only calculus-based physics has a separate lab grade for whatever reason. My lab was standard (met 1 day a week for 4 hours) and is in the same format as the one from calculus-based physics. The only difference was that it does not appear as a separate course grade; instead, it is combined with my lecture grade. Is this going to be an issue as I am almost done with my requirements, and it would SUCK if I had to basically start physics over because ADCOMS can't see that I did a separate lab. If anyone has advice or has had a similar experience to this, please share. I'd appreciate it!
You have absolutely nothing to worry about here. Many schools have a code in the course number that indicates that the class is combined lecture and lab. In addition, when you enter your classes and grades, AMCAS has a drop down box where you indicate whether the class is lecture, lab, or both. This is verified as part of the verification process. Schools will definitely know whether or not your coursework meets their requirements without you having to unnecessarily retake anything.

Reactions: 1 user
You have absolutely nothing to worry about here. Many schools have a code in the course number that indicates that the class is combined lecture and lab. In addition, when you enter your classes and grades, AMCAS has a drop down box where you indicate whether the class is lecture, lab, or both. This is verified as part of the verification process. Schools will definitely know whether or not your coursework meets their requirements without you having to unnecessarily retake anything.
Thank you very much! this is such a relief to hear :)

Reactions: 1 user