Lab Course that doesn't have "lab" written anywhere in its name or description

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LordDerpulus

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A bit of a neurotic question but oh well: Will it be an issue if the biology lab course (lab only) I'm using as a prerequisite doesn't have the word "lab" listed anywhere on the official transcript or description? The class in question is called "Recombinant DNA Techniques".

Its description on the biology department website is written as such:

"Theory and practice of recombinant DNA and molecular biology techniques. Includes CRISPR-Cas9 editing, DNA sequencing, PCR, and basic bioinformatics."

This class definitely counts as a biology lab, as it satisfies my bio lab graduation requirements (checked on my official degree audit).

My school has solely lecture-only classes and lab-only classes.

Will this be an issue? What should I do for AMCAS when the time comes? (I'm applying only for MD)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

A bit of a neurotic question but oh well: Will it be an issue if the biology lab course (lab only) I'm using as a prerequisite doesn't have the word "lab" listed anywhere on the official transcript or description? The class in question is called "Recombinant DNA Techniques".

Its description on the biology department website is written as such:

"Theory and practice of recombinant DNA and molecular biology techniques. Includes CRISPR-Cas9 editing, DNA sequencing, PCR, and basic bioinformatics."

This class definitely counts as a biology lab, as it satisfies my bio lab graduation requirements (checked on my official degree audit).

My school has solely lecture-only classes and lab-only classes.

Will this be an issue? What should I do for AMCAS when the time comes? (I'm applying only for MD)
No. I presume the school has gotten students into medical school.