Took the DAT recently and here is what I thought about it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fullsend243

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took my DAT recently and I got 27 AA, 30 Total science, 30 Bio, 30 Oche, 26 Chem, 24, RC, 23 QR, 21 PAT

I personally thought the test was very similar to DATBooster and I can even say that for practice test Booster is by far the best choice there is. In fact the questions were so similar that I even had some questions that were exactly the same as booster questions. I would highly recommend booster to anyone who wants to do great on their DAT.

Biology = Anki + Ferialis Notes + Booster vids. I went over each test after I took and wrote down everything that I missed and everything I didn’t know for sure. The real test had surface level stuff and I was surprised how similar the test was to DATBooster. Some were word to word from booster.

Chem = Chad's Videos + Booster PDF notes. I thought the DATBooster test was very similar to the real test. I found Chad’s videos to be very helpful to get the basics down. I also annotated the DATBooster notes. Bootcamp tests felt a bit confusing and had hard calculations. For reference I used to score around 26 on booster and like 20-22 on bootcamp.

OChem = Mostly used my college notes, but also watched some booster videos and used their PDF notes. The real test was straight forward and didn’t have any crazy rxns. I had acid catalyzed rxn and mostly basic things like orbital and stuff.

QR = Was a joke compared to booster + bootcamp (All the easy ones were probably the hardest on the real test). Legit had so many concentration questions and a question about ratio which was super easy. I did do the math destroyer and again my test was easier than that too.

PAT = Thought angle ranking was hard but I'm bad at it anyways. TFE and Keyhole were mostly easier. Felt easier than booster and bootcamp but still got the same as my highest scores I ever got. I mainly used booster generators for practice, and I also did practice tests from both programs.

RC = Got like 20-21 on BC, on booster (16 -18 mostly but got 20 on last three tests). Practiced with reading half of the passage and did SND for rest. On the real test I gave up all the strategy for most part and used SND. Answers were pretty basic and very easy to find. I had 10,15,8 paragraphs for my articles.

I studied about 6 hrs a day and went out once a week with my friends. I think taking breaks is very important or you’ll go crazy. Its already hard so try to make the best out of it. Also, even if you aren’t scoring the best on a practice test and are scared to take the test, just know that you’re already a winner for even trying to take DAT.

IMG_3743.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Took my DAT recently and I got 27 AA, 30 Total science, 30 Bio, 30 Oche, 26 Chem, 24, RC, 23 QR, 21 PAT

I personally thought the test was very similar to DATBooster and I can even say that for practice test Booster is by far the best choice there is. In fact the questions were so similar that I even had some questions that were exactly the same as booster questions. I would highly recommend booster to anyone who wants to do great on their DAT.

Biology = Anki + Ferialis Notes + Booster vids. I went over each test after I took and wrote down everything that I missed and everything I didn’t know for sure. The real test had surface level stuff and I was surprised how similar the test was to DATBooster. Some were word to word from booster.

Chem = Chad's Videos + Booster PDF notes. I thought the DATBooster test was very similar to the real test. I found Chad’s videos to be very helpful to get the basics down. I also annotated the DATBooster notes. Bootcamp tests felt a bit confusing and had hard calculations. For reference I used to score around 26 on booster and like 20-22 on bootcamp.

OChem = Mostly used my college notes, but also watched some booster videos and used their PDF notes. The real test was straight forward and didn’t have any crazy rxns. I had acid catalyzed rxn and mostly basic things like orbital and stuff.

QR = Was a joke compared to booster + bootcamp (All the easy ones were probably the hardest on the real test). Legit had so many concentration questions and a question about ratio which was super easy. I did do the math destroyer and again my test was easier than that too.

PAT = Thought angle ranking was hard but I'm bad at it anyways. TFE and Keyhole were mostly easier. Felt easier than booster and bootcamp but still got the same as my highest scores I ever got. I mainly used booster generators for practice, and I also did practice tests from both programs.

RC = Got like 20-21 on BC, on booster (16 -18 mostly but got 20 on last three tests). Practiced with reading half of the passage and did SND for rest. On the real test I gave up all the strategy for most part and used SND. Answers were pretty basic and very easy to find. I had 10,15,8 paragraphs for my articles.

I studied about 6 hrs a day and went out once a week with my friends. I think taking breaks is very important or you’ll go crazy. Its already hard so try to make the best out of it. Also, even if you aren’t scoring the best on a practice test and are scared to take the test, just know that you’re already a winner for even trying to take DAT.

View attachment 343934
Congratulations! Amazing scores,

Nancy, co/owner, Destroyer