Tooth bling in interviews!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dwerfy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Applying this cycle and will hopefully get some interviews (fingers crossed)... I have a very small crystal on the lower corner of my right lateral incisor. It is very, very small and most people do not notice it, but I’m positive a dentist would upon first glance! I have had it for years all throughout undergrad. My family in Europe sport this look! I am otherwise very put together/professional looking. In my opinion it is very unique and stylish. Do you think it could have a negative impact on my appearance in the interviews, or on the other hand, would it help me stand out? It is removable with a dentist’s appointment. I would prefer to keep it but will remove it if necessary. Let me know what you think! Much thanks

Members don't see this ad.

We have one professor and one student (who just graduated) with some mouth bling. I would say it all depends on the schools you’re applying to. If they tend to be pretty conservative you may want to remove it or consider applying else where, but I think you’ll be fine. And you’re right it might be a nice conversation piece.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm gonna walk into all my interviews like this
Grillz-5.jpg

I hope it will help me illustrate my intense passion for the dental sciences

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are many people with much weirder things going on with their appearance than a small crystal on their lateral incisor. You'll be fine.

Stylish/unique has nothing to do with health. It's a biofilm accumulator. If I were interviewing you, I would not be impressed.

Reactions: 3 users
take it out for interviews