Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://healthland.time.com/2011/04/19/americas-10-most-popular-prescription-drugs/?hpt=T2
Guess what is #1, no looking.
Guess what is #1, no looking.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Compare that to the U.K. data:
![]()
I think it's interesting that plain APAP seemingly replaces hydrocodone-APAP on the list, while the rest of the chart looks pretty similar. It's also interesting that aspirin makes their list, but not ours. I suppose this relates to our differences in prescription insurance to some degree, but I doubt that accounts for everything.
I think I read somewhere that 99% of the world's hydrocodone supply was consumed by the United States.
It must be painful being a Yank.
I've read something similar. They must have a vaccination for chronic lower back pain and fibromyalgia across the pond.
How long do you guys think it will take atorvastatin to overtake simvastatin once it goes generic at the end of the year?
I find it interesting that they have ~35-40m for simva, and a combined 35-40 for PPIs, including both ompeprazole and lansoprazole, while the US had 83-94m and 45-53m, respectively. Compare that to the fact that the UK has ~61.8 million people against USA's 312 million, and maybe we're not the "unhealthiest eaters in the world" after all.Compare that to the U.K. data:
![]()
I think it's interesting that plain APAP seemingly replaces hydrocodone-APAP on the list, while the rest of the chart looks pretty similar. It's also interesting that aspirin makes their list, but not ours. I suppose this relates to our differences in prescription insurance to some degree, but I doubt that accounts for everything.
I find it interesting that they have ~35-40m for simva, and a combined 35-40 for PPIs, including both ompeprazole and lansoprazole, while the US had 83-94m and 45-53m, respectively. Compare that to the fact that the UK has ~61.8 million people against USA's 312 million, and maybe we're not the "unhealthiest eaters in the world" after all.
I find it interesting that they have ~35-40m for simva, and a combined 35-40 for PPIs, including both ompeprazole and lansoprazole, while the US had 83-94m and 45-53m, respectively. Compare that to the fact that the UK has ~61.8 million people against USA's 312 million, and maybe we're not the "unhealthiest eaters in the world" after all.
I think I read somewhere that 99% of the world's hydrocodone supply was consumed by the United States.
It must be painful being a Yank.
That may have been from one of my posts - I've posted that stat a couple of times on SDN.
To reiterate, the US has ~ 5% of the world's population, but consumes 85-90% of the world's opioids, and 99% of the world's hydrocodone supply. It comes from this article in Pain Physician Journal.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.