Top 10 hottest housing markets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry LADoc, had to post it. There is still some good in this world ...

Money.com

I'm leary that most are in FL which has already had a "boom" a few years ago and also a few hurricanes go through as well. Especially with Miami and Ft Lauderdale leading the way in # of foreclosures.

Although I think the others are good choices.

And here's a list of where NOT to buy for those of you who already know the obvious. Cali is #1 on the list and #2 and #4 and #5 and #7 ... see the trend? ;)

Members don't see this ad.

No prob. Actually no area is bubble proof. Certainly not supposedly inexpensive areas in the midwest where bubbleheaded Californias have sunk money buying up private mortgages over the last 10 years.

Look out below!!

The REAL pain will be once the baby boomers die, the largest transfer of wealth in all of human history. We are talking a hand over larger than what resulted in social realignment after the bubonic plague outbreak in 14th Europe. The government kleptocracy will tax the hell out of it and the remainder will head to the auction blocks. of course Medicare and Social Security will have long since dissolved by this point, so hopefully I will be happily settled in a new line of work!

Members don't see this ad :)
notice, too, that san francisco is #2 on their list of "bubble-proof" markets.

Hahahahahaha. Yep, propaganda is alive and well. The amount of media power big commercial and condo builders/developers have in SF is immense. But if Enron is any indicator, they will fall HARD.

Reality 1: SF is one of the fastest shrinking cities in the US for its size. 5% decline in the last census. The middle class have left leaving the rich and very poor. Neither of which are reproducing well. (throw in the large gay community=recipe for implosion).

Reality 2: Jobs are declining, while crap retail positions are on the rise, white collar professional jobs are shrinking all over SF. Financial groups are moving to places like St. Louis and North Carolina, and saving a bundle!!

Reality 3: There is no greater natural disaster potential than SF. The entire marina district is built on landfill, which in a major quake will shake like a stripper's butt. In addition, the fire department in SF is nothing like NYFD. They are marginally competent, underfunded and in the event of bridge collapse, be completely isolated. We are talking major deaths, in the hundreds of thousands, will make Iraq, Vietnam and Korean wars look spitball fights. Add this to the fact the water around SF is insanely cold and shark infested. The whole place is nature's greatest death trap. Katrina was NOTHING.

Reality 4: The biggest thing is SF is no Manhattan. There is no Wall Street or big HQ'd investment banking. There is simply no reason in my mind why Seattle, San Diego or even Portland arent of equal value.

Hahahahahaha. Yep, propaganda is alive and well. The amount of media power big commercial and condo builders/developers have in SF is immense. But if Enron is any indicator, they will fall HARD.

Reality 1: SF is one of the fastest shrinking cities in the US for its size. 5% decline in the last census. The middle class have left leaving the rich and very poor. Neither of which are reproducing well. (throw in the large gay community=recipe for implosion).

Reality 2: Jobs are declining, while crap retail positions are on the rise, white collar professional jobs are shrinking all over SF. Financial groups are moving to places like St. Louis and North Carolina, and saving a bundle!!

Reality 3: There is no greater natural disaster potential than SF. The entire marina district is built on landfill, which in a major quake will shake like a stripper's butt. In addition, the fire department in SF is nothing like NYFD. They are marginally competent, underfunded and in the event of bridge collapse, be completely isolated. We are talking major deaths, in the hundreds of thousands, will make Iraq, Vietnam and Korean wars look spitball fights. Add this to the fact the water around SF is insanely cold and shark infested. The whole place is nature's greatest death trap. Katrina was NOTHING.

Reality 4: The biggest thing is SF is no Manhattan. There is no Wall Street or big HQ'd investment banking. There is simply no reason in my mind why Seattle, San Diego or even Portland arent of equal value.

you make a lot of good points, but i didn't know that the water around sf was shark infested :eek:

you make a lot of good points, but i didn't know that the water around sf was shark infested :eek:

Yes, the waters off the coast of SF are part of the infamous "Red Triangle", a cold water zone that serves as the breeding and hunting ground for one the world's largest concentrations of great white sharks.