Top 10 signs Dental School ruined you for life

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Molar Whisperer

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
You know Dental School ruined you if:

10. You look forward to explaining the denture border molding process on your next date with your hottie.

9. You mistakened periodontal biologic width to that of an anatomic orifice.

8. You successfully not once but twice accidentally dropped temporary crowns down a patient inappropriately.

7. You instinctively treatment plan anterior teeth surfaces as "MIL_."

6. You inadvertently set off the fire sprinklers by obturating with paper points instead of Gutta Percha. (Sorry that one was lame).

5. After you placed the rubber dam, you begin to access the molar for a root canal to find out it is (now was) a bridge pontic.

4. You had a moment of selective dyslexia for #13 and 31 interproximal restoration. (Sorry another lame one).

3. You enter the empty elevator and your least favorite clinical instructor happened to come in after you. Do you A) start a nice friendly chat about how much you like working with him/her B) stare at the elevator level indicator in awkward silence or C) let out a silent but deadly methane gift right before exiting to the next floor?

2. You detected oral petechiae on a patient's soft palate and developed an unwanted reaction.

1. You sniffed way too much tray adhesive and then you are finishing MB2 molars in 35 min!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sorry folks, I need to clean that up. Although only one of the above happened to me, school must have mentally damaged me beyond hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user