Top 20 Most Asked Secondary Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegenius

Senior Wharf Rat
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to start preparing for these questions. Could we start a list of the most common questions asked in secondaries? I can guess some of them but maybe it would be better to have an overall list.

It's not really important to know what school asks them, but if you want to list the school then that's OK.

Members don't see this ad.

seriously, i think your time is better served by pulling up the 2005 secondary discussion thread and looking over thru it. I think virtually all of the secondary questions are posted on it.

we can all answer your question with a vague question like why Penn state? blah blah... but it would work better for you to actually read real questions and know which schools ask what.

Freakingzooming said:
seriously, i think your time is better served by pulling up the 2005 secondary discussion thread and looking over thru it. I think virtually all of the secondary questions are posted on it.

we can all answer your question with a vague question like why Penn state? blah blah... but it would work better for you to actually read real questions and know which schools ask what.

Oh, OK! I didn't know that existed. I'll look at it.

Thx.

Members don't see this ad :)
thegenius said:
I would like to start preparing for these questions. Could we start a list of the most common questions asked in secondaries? I can guess some of them but maybe it would be better to have an overall list.

It's not really important to know what school asks them, but if you want to list the school then that's OK.

Probably the most asked question on secondaries is:

Name, first and last.

Shinken said:
Probably the most asked question on secondaries is:

Name, first and last.

Good to know - I'll have to study up on that one.

Now I'm trying to find that fabled thread.

Seriously, there are only four you need to know:

1.> Why do you want to be a doctor?
2.> Why do you want to go to school here?
3.> Tell us more about you - above and beyond your primary application.
4.> If you are a reapplicant, what has changed?

That'll get you by about 80% of them. Well, that and $80, anyway.

UseUrHeadFred said:
Seriously, there are only four you need to know:

1.> Why do you want to be a doctor?
2.> Why do you want to go to school here?
3.> Tell us more about you - above and beyond your primary application.
4.> If you are a reapplicant, what has changed?

That'll get you by about 80% of them. Well, that and $80, anyway.

if it were only that simple. UC Davis' has a variation of the 1st question in five different ways.

ugh and rush has like a variation of 1,3 in seven ways. double ugh!

There is only one way to prepare for secondaries: apply the year before. It sucks not getting in the first go-round, but I know have doing secondaries down to an art. Instead of actually getting in to school i am great at applying, so I got that going for me which is nice. :D :thumbup:

know should be now.