TOP DO school choices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theOC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your top 3 choices?

Members don't see this ad.

theOC said:
What are your top 3 choices?

I think...
AZCOM, NOVA, ???

My reason is dictated by location and family being there for these two schools...beyond that I am not sure. I will be happy to get into any of the schools that I applied to. The ultimate goal is to be a doctor, and if I can live in the small town I grew up in...I can live ANYWHERE. :D

how about a great curriculum culminating into a record for extremely high passing rates on boards...

that would be something i would look for...

Members don't see this ad :)
in no particular order...
ccom- good clinicals and residency placements
pcom atl- close to home and good edu
nmdnj- research and lower cost

cooldreams said:
how about a great curriculum culminating into a record for extremely high passing rates on boards...

that would be something i would look for...

How about OSU-COM's 100% COMLEX I pass rate this year :D

high pass rate on boards?

how about 100%?

OSU-COM

lol.. yea gj guys...

im hoping i get in on a great class this next year at kcumb... they had like 3rd highest i think... or at least pretty close with 95%... it seems to be pretty high for a number of yrs there...

How about great clinical training and cheap tuition?

TCOM! :horns:

DrMom said:
How about OSU-COM's 100% COMLEX I pass rate this year :D
I would have applied, but did not due to their state funding and their lack of fervor when it comes to admitting out of state students. I know that SOME get in every year, but I am not that stellar of a candidate and thus did not even try. Although, in retrospect seeing that my letter writer got his education there...I would probably apply to OSUCOM just for giggles to make him happy.

EvoDevo said:
How about great clinical training and cheap tuition?

TCOM! :horns:

Love the .sig.....Lou Diamond...

You ever check out Gen. Smedley Butler? I think he's a 2 time, living MOH winner.

Kinda like Chesty Puller's "They've got us surrounded. That simplifies our problem!".

Back to the thread topic...

TCOM,OSUCOM and then it's a decision between Des Moines and Kirksville.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dmu, Oucom, Unecom

Truthfully, I'll head to the cheapest (all around including Cost of Living) -
Other than that,

VCOM- (My wife and I fell in love with that part of Viriginia)
PCOM-GA Campus (near family)
KCOM- History and Reputation, Super nice admissions people

OSU
MSU
KCOM
PCOM

Unecom
Pcom
Kcom

OSU-COM (Been there for a tour. Very impressive)
DMU
Kirksville (reletively close to family)

COMP - For their NW track
CCOM - Family close by... close to all kinds of cultural hot spots
NOVA - Will HATE the weather... but I can be close to dad. My daughter's also in college down there...

COMP - love LA
UMDNJ - not a resident of their state...but its cheap!
NYCOM - would like to stay in NYC if not LA

did any other coms get 100% pass rate on complex...thats pretty cool nobody left behind :D. Ive got a class called medicine in the 21st century bonnie the instructor said some med students coming? Are any of you OSU ppl on these boards coming?

COMP
COMP
COMP

I grew up about 2 blocks from the school

I don't know about 3 top choices, but without seeing any and only knowing about them from the web, here are 4:

MSU (my home state)
OU (CORE program and T.C.M.)
WVSOM (program and location)
VCOM (location and family friendly)

-DAn

KCOM-I figured the founding school would give me a good OMT education.
MSUCOM-location and I know its a good school.

After that I do not know-I'll have to see what I think after interviews.

Well based on my experience:
1) COMP-- able to live at home, good school, good reputation, its close to LA.
2) UMDNJ--good school, offered me in state tuition, great faculty, nice atmosphere within the school.
3) PCOM--nice school, good facilities, profs are good, good reputation
4) NOVA-- good school, has beaches, similar weather to California, nice facilities

kaikai128 said:
I would have applied, but did not due to their state funding and their lack of fervor when it comes to admitting out of state students. I know that SOME get in every year, but I am not that stellar of a candidate and thus did not even try. Although, in retrospect seeing that my letter writer got his education there...I would probably apply to OSUCOM just for giggles to make him happy.

I'm out of state. Not a good reason to avoid applying.