Top Equine Vet Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chyactnate

SGU SVM c/o 2015!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and was wondering if you guys could give me any recomendations on really good equine vet schools? I really want to become a equine vet specializing in reproduction. Any info would be great.:D

Members don't see this ad.

... and if you want to specialize in reproduction (theriogenology) you do that with a residency after veterinary school.

Most schools have really good equine programs---suggestions would probably depend on what region you want to be in, I suppose. I would ask schools about their faculty, research, case loads, and facilities if you are concerned about how innovative one school is compared to another or if you specifically one good equine repro people.

Otherwise, a specialization in equine therio will probably only become an issue in choosing a vet school for a residency... So you could start 'shopping' for schools then... or now if you want to stay put for the whole experience, I guess.

Another thing to keep in mind is internships and private breeding farm practices after vet school if you don't want to do a residency.