This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tatb5

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

This topic was discussed in years past, but I thought it might be helpful to have a more current conversation.

I'm considering glaucoma fellowship and wanted to hear which programs the community here feels really stand out? Priorities for me are excellent clinical and surgical training - research is less of a focus for me. A mixture of traditional and MIGS procedures - with some complex anterior segment mixed in - would be ideal. Beyond the classics (Ike Ahmed, Bascom, Duke, etc) I had heard good things about Emory and UPMC.

Thoughts?
 
Not my speed as a retina guy, but I’ve heard good things about WashU and Colorado. I think Dr. Ahmed has some sort of presence at Utah which has a great overall department. Oklahoma and UAB used to have good reputations but have had some turnover per rumors.