topics you hate on the mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swamprat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
figured I'd just see what everyone hates that's currently studying for the mcat. Topics I really hate:

Physics:
1. waves in pipes/strings (sometimes) and doppler effect.
2. bouyant force
3. sometimes electrostatics
4. edit: forgot to add anything with density/specific gravity. could fall under bouyant force i guess.

Gen Chem:
- nothing really

Organic:
- nothing really

Bio:
1. reproduction/embryology

Verbal:
1. Everything about it, but I guess passages that involve talking about critiqueing other authors/works of literature.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think all physical science questions where I have to solve a mathematical problem to get an answer! I would much rather have some kind of innate or gut feeling about an answer without having to solve math. Hence the biology and organic section ftw.

But if I had to pick sections of inorganic that suck: acid/base titration, redox reactions, equilibrium and rate kinetic things.

physics - really not a fan of classical mechanics with inclined planes and projectiles.

anything with that damn photoelectric effect which they pair with electrostatics or E&M

physical sciences...all of it.

but I'm sure the ability to calculate the terminal velocity of a patient as he falls off the table will be useful in my future.

figured I'd just see what everyone hates that's currently studying for the mcat. Topics I really hate:

Physics:
1. waves in pipes/strings (sometimes) and doppler effect.
2. bouyant force
3. sometimes electrostatics
4. edit: forgot to add anything with density/specific gravity. could fall under bouyant force i guess.

Gen Chem:
- nothing really

Organic:
- nothing really

Bio:
1. reproduction/embryology

Verbal:
1. Everything about it, but I guess passages that involve talking about critiqueing other authors/works of literature.

Embryology sucks but I question how in-depth they can go about the whole thing... the most complex I can see them going is seeing if you can differentiate between body systems that are formed by the ectoderm, mesoderm, etc. I might be wrong though

Basically all of the Physical Science section.

I don't mind Organic or Bio at all. I like writing opinion essays. I don't mind Verbal.

This thread is just asking for the MCAT writers to look through this thread and proceed to screw us all over. :p

In which case...I absolutely hate all questions that are basic arithmetic, like 2+2!

This thread is just asking for the MCAT writers to look through this thread and proceed to screw us all over. :p

In which case...I absolutely hate all questions that are basic arithmetic, like 2+2!

lol thats funny thats a very neurotic thing to say but I actually did think about that when i posted it, then i figured the test at least for jan is prob already made and set up :laugh:

Projectile motion and angular frequency. I can handle circuits, optics, and anything Physics II, but I just don't care how hard a monkey hit the ground when it was shot out of a tree.