swamprat

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
figured I'd just see what everyone hates that's currently studying for the mcat. Topics I really hate:

Physics:
1. waves in pipes/strings (sometimes) and doppler effect.
2. bouyant force
3. sometimes electrostatics
4. edit: forgot to add anything with density/specific gravity. could fall under bouyant force i guess.

Gen Chem:
- nothing really

Organic:
- nothing really

Bio:
1. reproduction/embryology

Verbal:
1. Everything about it, but I guess passages that involve talking about critiqueing other authors/works of literature.

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Topics I hate:

Physics, OChem, GenChem, Verbal Reasoning.

About the Ads

scaredoflife

Eaaagglleee
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Electromagnetic stuff, Physics!!!

rama kandra

Actual Psychiatrist jk
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2008
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I think all physical science questions where I have to solve a mathematical problem to get an answer! I would much rather have some kind of innate or gut feeling about an answer without having to solve math. Hence the biology and organic section ftw.

But if I had to pick sections of inorganic that suck: acid/base titration, redox reactions, equilibrium and rate kinetic things.

physics - really not a fan of classical mechanics with inclined planes and projectiles.

EP123

10+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
anything with that damn photoelectric effect which they pair with electrostatics or E&M

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I hate physics 2 since I am not even done with it

JA Prufrock

Serenity Now!
10+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
physical sciences...all of it.

but I'm sure the ability to calculate the terminal velocity of a patient as he falls off the table will be useful in my future.

cbrons

Ratatoskr! *Roar*
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
DEFEND MIDDLE LANE!
Status
Non-Student
figured I'd just see what everyone hates that's currently studying for the mcat. Topics I really hate:

Physics:
1. waves in pipes/strings (sometimes) and doppler effect.
2. bouyant force
3. sometimes electrostatics
4. edit: forgot to add anything with density/specific gravity. could fall under bouyant force i guess.

Gen Chem:
- nothing really

Organic:
- nothing really

Bio:
1. reproduction/embryology

Verbal:
1. Everything about it, but I guess passages that involve talking about critiqueing other authors/works of literature.
Embryology sucks but I question how in-depth they can go about the whole thing... the most complex I can see them going is seeing if you can differentiate between body systems that are formed by the ectoderm, mesoderm, etc. I might be wrong though

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Basically all of the Physical Science section.

I don't mind Organic or Bio at all. I like writing opinion essays. I don't mind Verbal.

creativekat

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
This thread is just asking for the MCAT writers to look through this thread and proceed to screw us all over. :p

In which case...I absolutely hate all questions that are basic arithmetic, like 2+2!

swamprat

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
This thread is just asking for the MCAT writers to look through this thread and proceed to screw us all over. :p

In which case...I absolutely hate all questions that are basic arithmetic, like 2+2!
lol thats funny thats a very neurotic thing to say but I actually did think about that when i posted it, then i figured the test at least for jan is prob already made and set up :laugh:

Revilla

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Projectile motion and angular frequency. I can handle circuits, optics, and anything Physics II, but I just don't care how hard a monkey hit the ground when it was shot out of a tree.

About the Ads