1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Topscore BIO Set#2 Question#38

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Demps, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Demps

Dental Student
    Question goes:

Which of the following is NOT true about Calvin cycle and Kreb Cycle?

A. Both cycles produce and use carbondioxide.
    B. Carbondioxide is fed into the Calvin cycle, where carbondioxide is produced and released from the Kreb cycle.
    C. Reducing power is utilized in the Calvin cycle and NADH is removed in the Kreb cycle.
    D. Energy is used in the Calvin cycle in the conversion of ATP to ADP, where energy is produced in the Kreb cycle when ATP is formed from ADP.
    E. A & C.

Answer says A. Obviously, that is false.

how about choice C?
    Reducing power, NADPH, is utilized in the Calvin cycle - yes. so the first half of the sentence is correct. How about the latter? NADH is removed in the Kreb cycle?

I picked E... I guess the poor wording of the choice? Did they mean "produced" by removed

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. buckey

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    produced would be more clear but after the NADH has been produced it moves on the the ETC and thus is removed from Krebs. NADH doesn't just chill in the ETC and hang out with its high powered proton looking down at all the poor NAD+'s telling them that they suck, it goes and gives the proton to its buddy oxygen

4. Demps

Dental Student
    I guess it makes sense that NADH is produced and then removed to ETC from that standpoint. Thanks

5. Impulse155

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    yo i go to stony brook, wut year are u lol

Edit:
    And i live in dix hills lol

6. Demps

Dental Student
    I graduated this year 2011 May