1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

Topscore - DAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by pre-dentalguy, May 2, 2007.

1. pre-dentalguy

pre-dentalguy Senior Member

Pre-Dental
    I took TopScore raw one night without even studying and scored:

Bio 15
    chem 15
    Org - 14
    PAT 23
    RC 18
    QR17

Based on these... is it possible to assume what I would score on the DAT???

Marion

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SugarNaCl

SugarNaCl Dental Student
    Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    No. There is no way to assume anything. Personally, I found the PAT section to be easier on topscore than on the actual test. RC and QR I found to be comparable on both and the science sections I scored about 2 higher on the actual test. This is a personal experience though and I did study more after taking TopScore. There is really no way to tell.

4. pre-dentalguy

Pre-Dental
    So you're saying the science from TopScore is extremely similar to the actual DAT??? Do you highly recommend and other study material?

Marion

5. philchungski

Pre-Dental
    if you can... seriously study the kaplan dat book... the cd is also pretty money.. i think it helps... its just whatever you can do to get the most exposure to dat questions.... if you want some gooooooooood resources.... email me.... [email protected].... i can hook you up with some stuff.... i cant discuss it on a public forum.... ill let you know what it is if you email me...

6. djeffreyt

djeffreyt Senior Member

Dentist
    most people score a couple points higher in the sciences than on topscore of Achiever. However, based on 1 test...you can never tell. I scored 28 on one of the Top score Organic chem sections...then I scored 20 on that same section on another topscore test. So if I had just based my projected scores from my first test...I would've though I'd score almost perfect inthat section.

Don't assume off one test. That's like a scientist who sees a bear screwing a dog and assumes all the bears must screw dogs.

7. SugarNaCl

SugarNaCl Dental Student
    Moderator Emeritus

Dentist
    No, science was a bit harder on TopScore. I think 2 points higher ie going from 20 to 22 (Biology), 18 to 20 (Chemistry) etc is a fairly significant jump from TopScore to the actual DAT. Probably moved me from like 78-80% to 88%-90% on those subjects. Organic for me, I scored the same on in DAT and TopScore. TopScore was by far the best esp for time prep. I studied Kaplan too and Bar(r)ons (can never remember how many 'r's there are). You will do fine. Good luck. Oh, and QR seemed really similar on the DAT to both Kaplan and TopScore. For me, QR wasn't bad but the time is KILLER. I'm slow when I do math and I check my answer 12 million times.

8. superfinger45

Resident [Any Field]
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. pre-dentalguy

Pre-Dental
    Why laugh!!???!!!

Marion

10. dddsmack

dddsmack my baby and I

Dental Student
    If I saw a bear screwing a dog, the scientist in me would think " there is no way that happened by chance alone", and I would conjure up a hypothesis immediately.

For the OP, I scored exactly the same on TSP and the real deal.

11. AnonymousADCOM

Pre-Dental
    hahah sweeet.

OP, i scored higher on the real one by 5 points. 17 to 22. my suggestion is to just go over all the answers u weren't sure of and those u got wrong. also, on the day of the test, eat something healthy, take a nice dump, and arrive early. remember to get plenty of rest. i slept only 3 hrs that night, and i thought my heart would jump out of my chest. good luck man. msg me if u have questions.

12. goosestuff

goosestuff 10-4, Chicken Feed, 10-4

Dental Student
    ummm... I believe it has something to do with the bear screwing a dog business. Chillax! ;)