Topscore - DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-dentalguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took TopScore raw one night without even studying and scored:

Bio 15
chem 15
Org - 14
PAT 23
RC 18
QR17

Based on these... is it possible to assume what I would score on the DAT???

Marion

Members don't see this ad.

I took TopScore raw one night without even studying and scored:

Bio 15
chem 15
Org - 14
PAT 23
RC 18
QR17

Based on these... is it possible to assume what I would score on the DAT???

Marion

No. There is no way to assume anything. Personally, I found the PAT section to be easier on topscore than on the actual test. RC and QR I found to be comparable on both and the science sections I scored about 2 higher on the actual test. This is a personal experience though and I did study more after taking TopScore. There is really no way to tell.

No. There is no way to assume anything. Personally, I found the PAT section to be easier on topscore than on the actual test. RC and QR I found to be comparable on both and the science sections I scored about 2 higher on the actual test. This is a personal experience though and I did study more after taking TopScore. There is really no way to tell.

So you're saying the science from TopScore is extremely similar to the actual DAT??? Do you highly recommend and other study material?

Marion

Members don't see this ad :)
if you can... seriously study the kaplan dat book... the cd is also pretty money.. i think it helps... its just whatever you can do to get the most exposure to dat questions.... if you want some gooooooooood resources.... email me.... [email protected].... i can hook you up with some stuff.... i cant discuss it on a public forum.... ill let you know what it is if you email me...

most people score a couple points higher in the sciences than on topscore of Achiever. However, based on 1 test...you can never tell. I scored 28 on one of the Top score Organic chem sections...then I scored 20 on that same section on another topscore test. So if I had just based my projected scores from my first test...I would've though I'd score almost perfect inthat section.

Don't assume off one test. That's like a scientist who sees a bear screwing a dog and assumes all the bears must screw dogs.

So you're saying the science from TopScore is extremely similar to the actual DAT??? Do you highly recommend and other study material?

Marion

No, science was a bit harder on TopScore. I think 2 points higher ie going from 20 to 22 (Biology), 18 to 20 (Chemistry) etc is a fairly significant jump from TopScore to the actual DAT. Probably moved me from like 78-80% to 88%-90% on those subjects. Organic for me, I scored the same on in DAT and TopScore. TopScore was by far the best esp for time prep. I studied Kaplan too and Bar(r)ons (can never remember how many 'r's there are). You will do fine. Good luck. Oh, and QR seemed really similar on the DAT to both Kaplan and TopScore. For me, QR wasn't bad but the time is KILLER. I'm slow when I do math and I check my answer 12 million times.

most people score a couple points higher in the sciences than on topscore of Achiever. However, based on 1 test...you can never tell. I scored 28 on one of the Top score Organic chem sections...then I scored 20 on that same section on another topscore test. So if I had just based my projected scores from my first test...I would've though I'd score almost perfect inthat section.

Don't assume off one test. That's like a scientist who sees a bear screwing a dog and assumes all the bears must screw dogs.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If I saw a bear screwing a dog, the scientist in me would think " there is no way that happened by chance alone", and I would conjure up a hypothesis immediately.

For the OP, I scored exactly the same on TSP and the real deal.

hahah sweeet.

OP, i scored higher on the real one by 5 points. 17 to 22. my suggestion is to just go over all the answers u weren't sure of and those u got wrong. also, on the day of the test, eat something healthy, take a nice dump, and arrive early. remember to get plenty of rest. i slept only 3 hrs that night, and i thought my heart would jump out of my chest. good luck man. msg me if u have questions.