Topscore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSUOdontology

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is an interesting and possibly an unanswerable question: I haven't really started studying for the DAT at all due to classes and am scheduled to take the exam in late July but I took a bio and orgo section practice test on topscore and scored really low, specifically 15's. So my question is, did anyone else score low like this before they started studying? If so, were you able to bring your scores up to around 18-19 in those sections by test time with 3 months of studying? I am fine with the reading and the PAT sections, the math is still a little shaky also, but I do believe that the math portion can be relearned, if you will. Thanks for the comments.

Members don't see this ad.

So here is an interesting and possibly an unanswerable question: I haven't really started studying for the DAT at all due to classes and am scheduled to take the exam in late July but I took a bio and orgo section practice test on topscore and scored really low, specifically 15's. So my question is, did anyone else score low like this before they started studying? If so, were you able to bring your scores up to around 18-19 in those sections by test time with 3 months of studying? I am fine with the reading and the PAT sections, the math is still a little shaky also, but I do believe that the math portion can be relearned, if you will. Thanks for the comments.
your results seem about as logical as they could possibly get. you took a test, didn't study, and did poorly. did you really expect a better outcome??

but on another note, topscore has historically given lower scores than on the actual DAT.

pick up a book and study, you're scores are destined to get higher...unless you're just a DA :laugh:

umm the rudeness is not needed. I really simply wanted input as to how much topscore results fluctuate...yes I agree I didn't study thus it is expected that my results would be low. so thanks for not really an answer :)

Members don't see this ad :)
umm the rudeness is not needed. I really simply wanted input as to how much topscore results fluctuate...yes I agree I didn't study thus it is expected that my results would be low. so thanks for not really an answer :)

He isn't being rude, he is just joking.
Anyway, if you study for 3 months, then you will get about a 22-23 on the DAT.
But since you have classes you won't get a full 3 months, you have plenty time though. easy 20+
I don't know when your classes finish.
I got 14 and 15 on my sciences first time I took them and I plan a 20+. :)

GOOD LUCK

He isn't being rude, he is just joking.
Anyway, if you study for 3 months, then you will get about a 22-23 on the DAT.
But since you have classes you won't get a full 3 months, you have plenty time though. easy 20+
I don't know when your classes finish.
I got 14 and 15 on my sciences first time I took them and I plan a 20+. :)

GOOD LUCK

I don't know about getting 22-23, that seems a little optimistic. However, you can definitely improve to around 20+/- a point or two in 3 months, depending on your study habits and background strength in the subject. The day before I took the DAT, I scored higher on the actual test by about 3 points than what I had on Topscore overall. However, on the math I scored about 3 points lower, don't underestimate it!