DAT Genius or TopScore?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kreinstein

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently a Junior and applying this round, test date late May, begin studying this weekend.

I plan on following the Bootcamp schedule, and have purchased DAT/Math Destroyer, Cliffs AP bio book, coursesaver subscription (chads videos), and will purchase the bootcamp subscription when within 90 days of test date. The last item needed if closely following the bootcamp schedule would be a DAT genius subscription, which from my understanding is 5 full length practice tests and 5 additional PAT ($95)

I have spoken with many other students who have taken the DAT recently and they all seem to say they never purchased DAT genius, some of whom even followed bootcamp. I was wondering if anybody else had an opinion regarding DAT genius and their tests?

Additionally I have spoken with a few people that recommended TopScore. From my understanding that is 3 full length practice tests. I was also wondering if anybody had opinions regarding their tests?

While I understand that purchasing both of these probably wouldn't hurt, I was hoping to find a popular opinion and decide between the two. If anybody had thoughts regarding either DAT genius or TopScore and wouldn't mind sharing I would appreciate the help!

Members don't see this ad.

so if i were you id hold off on dat genius/topscore until towards the end -- only buy if you feel like you want to do more practice exams after doing dat bootcamp. if you do, buy dat genius -- been getting many positive reviews lately by SDNers

so if i were you id hold off on dat genius/topscore until towards the end -- only buy if you feel like you want to do more practice exams after doing dat bootcamp. if you do, buy dat genius -- been getting many positive reviews lately by SDNers
Thank you for the tip, I will undoubtedly do so. Seems like waiting until getting through the bootcamp tests before purchasing a different subscription is the smartest choice.

DAT Genius is probably a lot more up to date; I don't think TopScore has been updated since...ever.
Dang, I would've never known. One person I spoke to took the test last year (2016) and practically swore by TopScore. Thank you for the tip.