Total Stranger to this!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

who knows...

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there!
I'm not a pre-pharm student but a friend of mine is and he was wondering what the averages are that make an applicant competitive. He is only in his first year and is un-sure about what sort of GPA is good for pharmacy schools.
What do you guys think from your background in this field??
Also, (he didn't ask this but I might as well just ask it), what about the PCAT results??
Thank you all in advance :D

Members don't see this ad.

I think an applicant with a 3.5gpa+ and a 85+ pcat is in good shape to be accepted to pharm school. Also, some pharm tech or health field experience is a definite plus.

If you go to a community college, then I think you should strive for a higher gpa.

I agree with above poster about 3.5 and 85%. If he is you friend then tell him he should get a membership on here and he will have people to help him with questions over his entire pharmacy education. I know this site has been great for me. I seriously recommend him coming on here and checking out the search options and gathering information about schools.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=347616

The above thread is awesome for anyone applying to pharmacy schools. If you work hard to get the grades and follow the advice in that thread, you will have several acceptance letters to choose from come pharmacy school time!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that your friend should become a member, it has helped me out a lot.

I have read in several places that 75%+ on pcat and 3.5+ gpa is competitive. tell your friend that gpa and pcat isnt everything. Extra curriculars and volunteer work are also important.

I have a friend at a community college that was accepted to two schools out of the three he applied to. he had about a 3.5 gpa and low 60's on his pcat. he had a lot of extra curriculars to offset his low pcat.

Thank you very much everyone!
I will forward all the info and suggestions :D
Thanx!!!