Totally messed up day 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goal270

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m feeling horrible coming out of day 2. Questions were so vague and all over the place, from all specialties. I’ve counted at least 30 questions I got wrong for sure already.
Ccs was also screwed up. I ordered unnecessary invasive tests in 3 cases, which they declined. Some 10 minute cases I didn’t get to even finish.
First day went relatively better.
If you completely screw up 5 out of 15 ccs cases, what are the chances of passing?

Members don't see this ad.

It’s hard to say... it depends on how well you did in the remaining cases. Also people sometimes exaggerate when they say that they screwed up a case. You might ordered an invasive procedure or test that likely was not needed and you will lose points for doing so, but that does not necessarily mean that you lost the entire case. Since nobody knows how they are scored etc it is hard to know what is going to happen. Sequencing of orders, monitoring orders, appropriate diagnostic orders, counseling will get you most of the points though. I haven’t received my score yet so I can’t tell how strict is their scoring system in CCS; I think I did overall well in 9 cases, 2 mediocre, and 2 not well.

How did you prepare for CCS and MCQs? How did you perform on Uworld and UWSA?

Reactions: 1 user
It’s hard to say... it depends on how well you did in the remaining cases. Also people sometimes exaggerate when they say that they screwed up a case. You might ordered an invasive procedure or test that likely was not needed and you will lose points for doing so, but that does not necessarily mean that you lost the entire case. Since nobody knows how they are scored etc it is hard to know what is going to happen. Sequencing of orders, monitoring orders, appropriate diagnostic orders, counseling will get you most of the points though. I haven’t received my score yet so I can’t tell how strict is their scoring system in CCS; I think I did overall well in 9 cases, 2 mediocre, and 2 not well.

How did you prepare for CCS and MCQs? How did you perform on Uworld and UWSA?

I did around 40 ccs cases from ccscases.com. Most of UW CCS. UW I completed around 65% with 65% score. UWSA1- 196. UWSA2-214.
I'm really losing hope here. 10 cases on ccs were alright for me. 2 were mediocre. 3 were horrible.

There are 13 total CCS cases not 15 :) if you really did well on 8/13 cases and assuming you got points for the remaining cases I think you should be ok. Once again, take my words with a grain of salt since I haven’t received my score yet. I am talking based on what I have seen in forums from other peoples’ experiences.

Your Uworld average is good and UWSA significantly underpredicts as most of the people say, so you should be fine with MCQs.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are 13 total CCS cases not 15 :) if you really did well on 8/13 cases and assuming you got points for the remaining cases I assume you should be ok. Once again, take my words with a grain of salt since I haven’t received my score yet. I am talking based on what I have seen in forums from other peoples’ experiences.

Your Uworld average is good and UWSA significantly underpredict as most of the people say so you should be fine with MCQs.

See what it is doing to my brain??!! I guess 8 went alright.
I hope that's the case. The questions were incredibly difficult today. I hope it works out well. Thanks!
Good luck!

Yeah MCQs on day 2 were very very tricky for me as well (esp those prognostic factor qs).

Good luck to you as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah MCQs on day 2 were very very tricky for me as well (esp those prognostic factor qs).

Good luck to you as well!
Did you guys end up passing? I just got done with day 2 and I feel terrible about my performance in mcqs. They were so vague. I felt like I was just guessing the entire time.

Edit: Passed with 224

Last edited:
Did you guys end up passing? I just got done with day 2 and I feel terrible about my performance in mcqs. They were so vague. I felt like I was just guessing the entire time.

Not OP, but I recently passed this dumb test.

I felt pretty stupid when I was leaving the testing center. I wouldn’t say I felt like I was guessing the ENTIRE time. At least 50% of the time. Maybe more like 75%. But they were all educated guesses and I’m sure you ruled out many answer choices for each question. The beauty of multiple choice is that even if you don’t know, you still have a chance of getting it right.

Obviously nobody knows exactly how you did except you. And whoever scores the thing. But I will say, everyone I’ve talked to has said something along the lines of “I didn’t know any of that.” Or “I was not prepared for that.” And they all passed. I felt like I did pretty poorly, and I was worried because I had taken my first resident in training exam well before step 3 and I didn’t do so hot on that. I ended up passing slightly above the mean. I didn’t even finish uworld’s q bank and only did a few ccs practice cases.

Now, obviously you could’ve failed (not the end of the world). I’d say it’s much more likely that you passed if you did even basic preparation. Either way, all you can do is wait for the score report at this point. I read a fitting thing yesterday that said “if you worry about something, you suffer twice.” Grab a beer. At least you can stop studying Uworld for now. Good luck!

I guess a lot. A lot a lot. Can't put a percentage on it, but it felt like a good amount of the test. I passed comfortably. You're probably okay.

Reactions: 1 users