• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Totally OFF Topic...But

aks47

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2005
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to SDN and was trying to change my avatar...unfortunately, it has to be less than 100 x 100 pixels...how do ppl manage that...I've tried many small files to be uploaded, but it keeps on saying that it's too big.

Any suggestions or hints on how to reduce the size of the picture file.

Thanks.

aks47

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Oct 26, 2005
    1. Pre-Medical
      LOL...I've seemed to have figured it out...but, I could still use suggestions because I've found better pics that I would like to use as my avatar, but they are larger than 100 x 100 pixels.

Thanks

aks47 said:
      Hey everyone,

I'm new to SDN and was trying to change my avatar...unfortunately, it has to be less than 100 x 100 pixels...how do ppl manage that...I've tried many small files to be uploaded, but it keeps on saying that it's too big.

Thanks.

prav

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      May 7, 2005
      South Boston, MA
        aks47 said:
        LOL...I've seemed to have figured it out...but, I could still use suggestions because I've found better pics that I would like to use as my avatar, but they are larger than 100 x 100 pixels.

Thanks

I would use any basic photo imaging software to resize it, but why in the world did you post that here in the first place?

About the Ads

aks47

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Oct 26, 2005
        1. Pre-Medical
          prav said:
          I would use any basic photo imaging software to resize it, but why in the world did you post that here in the first place?

umm...for no particular reason...I was on a post in this folder, when I was trying to change my display pic...so, I thought I'd just ask for help.

But, it seems that I've already figured it out.

Thanks anyways.

--aks47

ShaKh81

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Nov 8, 2005
          1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
            aks47 said:
            umm...for no particular reason...I was on a post in this folder, when I was trying to change my display pic...so, I thought I'd just ask for help.

But, it seems that I've already figured it out.

Thanks anyways.

--aks47

you can also edit it using paint or powerpoint even. Use the "dotted line" square option, and cut the picture to the size you want, and save it, it should help out

NRAI2001

3K Member
            15+ Year Member
            Nov 6, 2001
            Cali
              aks47 said:
              Hey everyone,

Thanks.

Canadian flag eh?

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.