Totally OFF Topic...But

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aks47

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to SDN and was trying to change my avatar...unfortunately, it has to be less than 100 x 100 pixels...how do ppl manage that...I've tried many small files to be uploaded, but it keeps on saying that it's too big.

Any suggestions or hints on how to reduce the size of the picture file.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

LOL...I've seemed to have figured it out...but, I could still use suggestions because I've found better pics that I would like to use as my avatar, but they are larger than 100 x 100 pixels.

Thanks

aks47 said:
Hey everyone,

I'm new to SDN and was trying to change my avatar...unfortunately, it has to be less than 100 x 100 pixels...how do ppl manage that...I've tried many small files to be uploaded, but it keeps on saying that it's too big.

Thanks.

aks47 said:
LOL...I've seemed to have figured it out...but, I could still use suggestions because I've found better pics that I would like to use as my avatar, but they are larger than 100 x 100 pixels.

Thanks

I would use any basic photo imaging software to resize it, but why in the world did you post that here in the first place?

Members don't see this ad :)
prav said:
I would use any basic photo imaging software to resize it, but why in the world did you post that here in the first place?

umm...for no particular reason...I was on a post in this folder, when I was trying to change my display pic...so, I thought I'd just ask for help.

But, it seems that I've already figured it out.

Thanks anyways.

--aks47

aks47 said:
umm...for no particular reason...I was on a post in this folder, when I was trying to change my display pic...so, I thought I'd just ask for help.

But, it seems that I've already figured it out.

Thanks anyways.

--aks47

you can also edit it using paint or powerpoint even. Use the "dotted line" square option, and cut the picture to the size you want, and save it, it should help out

aks47 said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks.

Canadian flag eh?

NRAI2001 said:
Canadian flag eh?

LOL...o yea.

are u from Canada too?