1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Tough Decisions??

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by JMoney, Dec 3, 2005.

1. JMoney

JMoney Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Where would you want to go to dental school at?? NOVA, Case, Tufts, or Arizona?? I am having a very hard time weighing the pros and cons. HELP peeps!! please add yours

Which one is better to go to if you want to specialize??

Pros
    Nova: great climate, new facilities
    Case: own chair in clinic
    Tufts: great board exam averages, all specialties available
    Arizona: new facilities, no tenure professors

Cons
    Nova: low patient pool
    Case: problem based learning starting in 2006, cold
    Tufts: 15% specialize, cold
    Arizona: not accredited yet, no specialties (orthodontics in 2007 maybe)

2. JMoney

JMoney Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

anyone??

3. speedy3816

speedy3816 reality pwns
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

you said "Nova: low patient pool"... i was just curious. i dont know much about the school and i would like to know more... if you can offer any input on what you know. i just figured that b/c of Nova being in the south Florida area that the patient pool would be great and diverse. what type of area is that school located in? :confused:

4. ramona_k

ramona_k Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't know who told you Nova has low patient pool.. ft. Lauderdale's patient pool is great and patients are mostly rich.. so you don't have to worry about paying off the dental work for patients who cant pay.

5. JMoney

JMoney Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

there has been many discussions about dental students having to wait on certain procedures to graduate on time. during my interview I was told by two students that the patient pool is low and that the school did not prepare them well for board exams. this is just what was told to me.......i was shocked as well. Its still on top of my list though.

6. Dutchboy

Dutchboy Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    When I was at nova I was told they see a ton of old peolpe. The students said the old patients don't care if your slow because they have no where to be and are lonely. I think it sucks that all you really see is old people, but what can you do, Flordia is god's waiting room.