JMoney

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
Status
Where would you want to go to dental school at?? NOVA, Case, Tufts, or Arizona?? I am having a very hard time weighing the pros and cons. HELP peeps!! please add yours

Which one is better to go to if you want to specialize??

Pros
Nova: great climate, new facilities
Case: own chair in clinic
Tufts: great board exam averages, all specialties available
Arizona: new facilities, no tenure professors

Cons
Nova: low patient pool
Case: problem based learning starting in 2006, cold
Tufts: 15% specialize, cold
Arizona: not accredited yet, no specialties (orthodontics in 2007 maybe)

speedy3816

reality pwns
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2005
Florida
Status
Pre-Dental
JMoney said:
Where would you want to go to dental school at?? NOVA, Case, Tufts, or Arizona?? I am having a very hard time weighing the pros and cons. HELP peeps!! please add yours

Which one is better to go to if you want to specialize??

Pros
Nova: great climate, new facilities
Case: own chair in clinic
Tufts: great board exam averages, all specialties available
Arizona: new facilities, no tenure professors

Cons
Nova: low patient pool
Case: problem based learning starting in 2006, cold
Tufts: 15% specialize, cold
Arizona: not accredited yet, no specialties (orthodontics in 2007 maybe)

you said "Nova: low patient pool"... i was just curious. i dont know much about the school and i would like to know more... if you can offer any input on what you know. i just figured that b/c of Nova being in the south Florida area that the patient pool would be great and diverse. what type of area is that school located in? :confused:

About the Ads

ramona_k

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 26, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
speedy3816 said:
you said "Nova: low patient pool"... i was just curious. i dont know much about the school and i would like to know more... if you can offer any input on what you know. i just figured that b/c of Nova being in the south Florida area that the patient pool would be great and diverse. what type of area is that school located in? :confused:
I don't know who told you Nova has low patient pool.. ft. Lauderdale's patient pool is great and patients are mostly rich.. so you don't have to worry about paying off the dental work for patients who cant pay.

JMoney

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
Status
there has been many discussions about dental students having to wait on certain procedures to graduate on time. during my interview I was told by two students that the patient pool is low and that the school did not prepare them well for board exams. this is just what was told to me.......i was shocked as well. Its still on top of my list though.

Dutchboy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
JMoney said:
there has been many discussions about dental students having to wait on certain procedures to graduate on time. during my interview I was told by two students that the patient pool is low and that the school did not prepare them well for board exams. this is just what was told to me.......i was shocked as well. Its still on top of my list though.
When I was at nova I was told they see a ton of old peolpe. The students said the old patients don't care if your slow because they have no where to be and are lonely. I think it sucks that all you really see is old people, but what can you do, Flordia is god's waiting room.

About the Ads