You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Toughest Undergrad class for you?
Started by kellerac
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I despised Physics II. My undergrad in particular is notorious for its difficulty in physics and science classes in general, so many of my peers actually took physics at a nearby college, since it is a lot easier I hear. A 78% was an A in the class, and I barely got an A by 0.03%. I'm so glad I'm done with physics lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Physics, because it was a flip class, I received an A in both physics 1 and 2. Human anatomy I took in summer 9-5 that is also hard 1 chapter a day.
Definitely Chem II. Took it twice, Cs both times. I decided to take Orgo to show admissions I was capable of doing better, luckily I did.Slightly off topic, but I'm simply curious. What was the hardest single class you took in your undergrad?. What grade did you get, and what made it tough?
For me, Chemistry II. Gave me a nice C on the ole transcript...
"Flip Class" as in, they want you to teach yourself at home and only come to the class with questions? Always hated those. Good thing I'm paying them to teach.Physics, because it was a flip class.
Advanced physiology and my accelerated orgo class. Orgo 1 and 2 into one semester that was horrible
Yes you ask a question teacher ask a question with no lecture and only 3 questions a day
Physics at my four year quarter university was hard!!! Two C's and one low B....
Did you take a calc-based physics? Physics I and II weren't too bad for me, but they were algebra based.Physics at my four year quarter university was hard!!! Two C's and one low B....
Mine was cumulative final with each teacher in Department picking a question
o-chem II. I still have PTSD. But I got a B- so its cool all said and done. Never forget the day I got a 20/200 in an exam in orgo II. I actually laughed it was so bad.
Yea it was calculus based. Practically everyone was pre med and it was a research institution.. Physics was HARD!!! I was lucky to even have passed!!Did you take a calc-based physics? Physics I and II weren't too bad for me, but they were algebra based.
O'Chem I definetely !! (O'Chem II wasn't on my degree plan otherwise it would have probably been on the list). I did manage to get an A however it was a lonnnnng semester of self learning and confusionnn like never before.
Physics 2 I went tutoring, watching lectures outside of class, and everything to get a B-. Really proud of passing actually as professor didn't care if everyone failed and gave 4-5 question tests. The subject matter was just much more difficult for me to understand than physics 1.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I barely got by with a C in Chem II, I can't imagine O-Chem 
Fluid mechanics
Physics 2 I went tutoring, watching lectures outside of class, and everything to get a B-. Really proud of passing actually as professor didn't care if everyone failed and gave 4-5 question tests. The subject matter was just much more difficult for me to understand than physics 1.
Fluid mechanics
Slightly off topic, but I'm simply curious. What was the hardest single class you took in your undergrad?. What grade did you get, and what made it tough?
For me, Chemistry II. Gave me a nice C on the ole transcript...
Took Chemistry I my first semester of undergrad...huge mistake. Got a C with the curve. Just re-took it last semester as a senior, brought it up to a B+. Taking Chem II this semester and I'm nervous. All the other science pre-reqs I've gotten As and Bs, thankfully.
Chem I & II and Organic Chem I (my major didn't require me to take Organic Chem II). I got C's in all three of them. Unfortunately have to retake both Gen Chem classes to boost my pre-req GPA :/
Definitely Gen Chem II...I got a C the first time which is why I'm retaking it now. With a little more focus, I'm hoping I can get at least a B this time around.
Did fine in science classes, but Elements of Dance - D first time, B+ on retake (yes i actually had to retake it)
Physics by far! My school does calc based and the averages on all our tests were usually around 13/60. And those 60 points came from a 4 question test that took the whole hour to complete. Ended up with a B first semester and B- second, but only because a 40% was a B lol