Touro CA MSMHS vs RVU MSBS

mch077

2+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

I recently got accepted to both Touro CA and RVU’s SMP. I am a bit torn between the two. I had my heart set on RVU and paid their deposit before finding out I was also accepted to Touro CA.

This is my thought process on why I think RVU is a better choice. Their linkage seems to be in tiers, the top two tiers both result in an acceptance to their DO program. In order to be in the top two tiers, you need to earn at least a 3.6. On the other hand, Touro CA only guarantees you an interview as long as you have >3.0 GPA.

I am considering Touro CA primarily because of location. It is relatively close to my family (I do plan on moving out still.) and it might give me a better chance of finding a residency program in CA. Also, they do have a research component integrated into their curriculum unlike RVU which seems to be primarily classes. Tuition for both schools is relatively the same. (~26k)

Please let me know what your thoughts.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.