Touro CA MSMHS vs RVU MSBS

Started by mch077
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mch077

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I recently got accepted to both Touro CA and RVU’s SMP. I am a bit torn between the two. I had my heart set on RVU and paid their deposit before finding out I was also accepted to Touro CA.

This is my thought process on why I think RVU is a better choice. Their linkage seems to be in tiers, the top two tiers both result in an acceptance to their DO program. In order to be in the top two tiers, you need to earn at least a 3.6. On the other hand, Touro CA only guarantees you an interview as long as you have >3.0 GPA.

I am considering Touro CA primarily because of location. It is relatively close to my family (I do plan on moving out still.) and it might give me a better chance of finding a residency program in CA. Also, they do have a research component integrated into their curriculum unlike RVU which seems to be primarily classes. Tuition for both schools is relatively the same. (~26k)

Please let me know what your thoughts.