Touro ca vs touro ny

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pasofinab

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I was just curious and wanted to know a bit more about both programs. They seem to follow the same curriculum and share the same Cost $$$.

How do current students feel about the program in NY? And CA?

Do they help out student financially? Please share.

Members don't see this ad.

I personally don't like any of the touro programs. They seem to be very disorganized and horrible on communication. I am speaking from experience from both schools. But if cost is the same, I would go with CA. Touro NY is located in a dangerous area. If I was a guy then I wouldn't mind, but I'm a girl so safety has a big influence on me. Touro CA is located in a ghetto area too but seems safer than where touro NY is.

I personally don't like any of the touro programs. They seem to be very disorganized and horrible on communication. I am speaking from experience from both schools. But if cost is the same, I would go with CA. Touro NY is located in a dangerous area. If I was a guy then I wouldn't mind, but I'm a girl so safety has a big influence on me. Touro CA is located in a ghetto area too but seems safer than where touro NY is.

I actually think New York may be safer..lots and lots of people around. You can take this with a grain of salt, as I've only been in that neighborhood once..but I didn't feel 'unsafe' there in the day (as a girl also). To OP, for most days of school, I think you would be fine..get out of class in the afternoon..walk over to the 2/3 and head home. If there's a special event or something that runs late..you can walk with a friend or two to the subway. Can't speak to Touro but I lived in NYC for a couple years and loved it. New York is incredibly expensive though. Be prepared to spend $1400+/month even with a roommate for a regular apartment. ~$80/month for a MetroCard. Live somewhere south of ~110th. Oh and in New York, a "luxury apartment" means a regular apartment. :p If it were me..going between these two schools..and I didn't have any ties to Northern CA, then I would seriously consider NY for the general location. Hopefully a student will come speak to their experiences with the school though..!