-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro - Cali 2009 applicants
Started by whitedc5
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did you get invited to fill out the supplemental? How long did it take. I believe PharmCAS will be mailing out my applications to my respective schools tomorrow.. just wondering
g'luck with apps!
g'luck with apps!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I get the supplementals ready for Touro? I saw a link for the secondary...can I just fill that up, print it and wait for the Touro's signal when they send invitation to fill the supplemental? thanks
Can I get the supplementals ready for Touro? I saw a link for the secondary...can I just fill that up, print it and wait for the Touro's signal when they send invitation to fill the supplemental? thanks
Yea you can just complete it now so you'll send it in more promptly when you get the supplemental invite.
How do they do invites for supplemental? Do they only give it to prospective students that they like or to all students that meet their requirement?
I think its just a first initial screening so that students that are below the bare minimum will be weaved out and notified so they don't have to waste money sending in a supplemental application.
on avg, what GPA and PCAT score is needed to get into this school?
thanks
thanks
I just submitted my Pharmcas yesterday. My app has not been mailed out by Pharmcas, yet. Some posts said that we can start before being invited to submit the supp app, so I am just wondering where I can get it?
http://www.tu.edu/departments.php?id=48&page=743
the link to the supplemental application is on the left sidebar. remember, you cannot submit it until they have reviewed your application and told to you submit the supplemental.
gemmin: It says on PharmCAS that regular cycle interviews at Touro are usually held between mid-Octr until April, so I'm assuming that applicants will start receiving supp invites beginning in Sept
the link to the supplemental application is on the left sidebar. remember, you cannot submit it until they have reviewed your application and told to you submit the supplemental.
gemmin: It says on PharmCAS that regular cycle interviews at Touro are usually held between mid-Octr until April, so I'm assuming that applicants will start receiving supp invites beginning in Sept
Last edited:
http://www.tu.edu/departments.php?id=48&page=743
the link to the supplemental application is on the left sidebar. remember, you cannot submit it until they have reviewed your application and told to you submit the supplemental.
gemmin: It says on PharmCAS that regular cycle interviews at Touro are usually held between mid-Octr until April, so I'm assuming that applicants will start receiving supp invites beginning in Sept
Thanks, IamGnart.
I received the invitation yesterday. I am gonna submit it during the weekend
nice~~~ good luck
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received the invitation yesterday. I am gonna submit it during the weekend
When did you turn in your PharmCAS, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks 🙂
I submitted 7/10
oo.. I guess I have a ways to go before I hear anything..😛
I have a quick question on the personal statement. Is it single or double space?
If you're talking about the Touro supplemental, it might be better to do single space or at least, that's what I did last yr when I submitted the app.
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will make it double space as well. I was thinking single space would be too much to say.
I agree. I think being clear and concise is the key.
The complete pharmacy staff at Touro University - California sucks! They try to act like they're all sincere but in reality they don't give a crap about you at all. (Except Dr. Panos, she's awesome, she seems to be the only one who cares about the students. And she at least takes the time to respond to your emails of concern.) Some of the staff members will straight up tell you lies just to get rid of you. Touro is completely unorganized and highly outdated with technology, given that you have to fill out a paper form to sign up for classes. I would recommend any other schools before applying to Touro.
Can I get the supplementals ready for Touro? I saw a link for the secondary...can I just fill that up, print it and wait for the Touro's signal when they send invitation to fill the supplemental? thanks
I would do that.. def.. fill it and keep it ready.. i applied last yr but it was pretty late.. am hoping to get an interview this yr
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my pharmCAS application 7/31. Does anyone know what the average wait is for a supplemental invite? It's been over a month already...
I submitted my pharmCAS application 7/31. Does anyone know what the average wait is for a supplemental invite? It's been over a month already...
I submitted pcas 7/29 and received an invite in the mail this past Saturday, so on 8/30/08.
man i wonder if i'll get an invite...can you post your stats gemmin or anyone else who received an invite?
i think you get a supplemental as long as you make their min requirements~
man i wonder if i'll get an invite...can you post your stats gemmin or anyone else who received an invite?
You will receive an invite to fill out the supplemental as long as you meet the minimum requirements. If you meet all requirements, don't worry 🙂
You will receive an invite to fill out the supplemental as long as you meet the minimum requirements. If you meet all requirements, don't worry 🙂
yeah i just got another pharmacist to submit my 3rd letter yesterday. so i technically meet all the requirements as of now.
PharmCAS sent my apps to my designated schools on Aug 18th, and I finally received my touro supp. Just FYI to those who are still waiting and applied around the same time as me.
Looks like from the date of pharmcas send the mails to designated schools, it takes about 3-4 weeks before touro would request the supplementals. I had my pharmcas sent on 9-02, hopefully it would come end of this month.
ahhh....finally got the invite.
Same send dates as Prepharm.
Same send dates as Prepharm.
Anyone been able to call Touro to ask questions about the prompt? I'm not sure if I'm following the prompt correctly.
Which part are you confused about?
I just wanted to let you guys know that interview invites are out. I received mine today and it was sent out from touro on the 9th. I sent in my PharmCAS in on 7/27 and supplemental on 8/28 and received the completed file confirmation on 9/3. You guys should be hearing back from them soon, I guess they check things pretty fast there! Good luck everyone!
Hey guys, just letting you know interview invites are out. I received mine today and it was sent out from touro on the 9th. I sent in my PharmCAS in on 7/27 and supplemental on 8/28 and received the completed file confirmation on 9/3. You guys should be hearing back from them soon, I guess they check things pretty fast there! Good luck everyone!
Thats awesome!!! GOOD LUCK!~ i mailed mine out yesterday....crossing fingers ^^
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HA!
They can invite you anytime from now till May. I sent in my supplemental application in February and didn't get invited till May (after I contacted them).
On my interview day, I found out that everybody there was already invited around two to three months prior, so I got really lucky.
They can invite you anytime from now till May. I sent in my supplemental application in February and didn't get invited till May (after I contacted them).
On my interview day, I found out that everybody there was already invited around two to three months prior, so I got really lucky.
I just wanted to let you guys know that interview invites are out. I received mine today and it was sent out from touro on the 9th. I sent in my PharmCAS in on 7/27 and supplemental on 8/28 and received the completed file confirmation on 9/3. You guys should be hearing back from them soon, I guess they check things pretty fast there! Good luck everyone!
Congratz!! When is your interview date ? Do you mind sharing your stats? Do you know how many are they interviewing? Thanks for the info by the way. The dates are very helpful for estimation...I'm behind few weeks n no supplemental request yet..sigh.
I'll be interviewing 10/17..I'm going to be out of the country until the 15th so I chose the latest one possible so I could have one day at least to get over the jetlag. I'm not sure how many people they interview, but I think they interview in groups (I heard groups of 10-12? sounds like a lot though).
My stats aren't that amazing so don't be too worried about that. I think turning it in early is a major component in getting an interview invitation. Here's my stats though:
overall gpa: 3.44
s/m gpa: 3.55
I have a lot of EC activities though, so that probably helped my app stand out a little more. Good luck!
My stats aren't that amazing so don't be too worried about that. I think turning it in early is a major component in getting an interview invitation. Here's my stats though:
overall gpa: 3.44
s/m gpa: 3.55
I have a lot of EC activities though, so that probably helped my app stand out a little more. Good luck!
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K