Touro - Cali 2009 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitedc5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those applying to Touro University - California for the 2009 application cycle. Feel free to discuss and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get invited to fill out the supplemental? How long did it take. I believe PharmCAS will be mailing out my applications to my respective schools tomorrow.. just wondering
g'luck with apps!

It usually takes a couple weeks to get the supplemental applications after you send your pharmCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do they do invites for supplemental? Do they only give it to prospective students that they like or to all students that meet their requirement?

Can I get the supplementals ready for Touro? I saw a link for the secondary...can I just fill that up, print it and wait for the Touro's signal when they send invitation to fill the supplemental? thanks

Can I get the supplementals ready for Touro? I saw a link for the secondary...can I just fill that up, print it and wait for the Touro's signal when they send invitation to fill the supplemental? thanks

Yea you can just complete it now so you'll send it in more promptly when you get the supplemental invite.

How do they do invites for supplemental? Do they only give it to prospective students that they like or to all students that meet their requirement?

I think its just a first initial screening so that students that are below the bare minimum will be weaved out and notified so they don't have to waste money sending in a supplemental application.

on avg, what GPA and PCAT score is needed to get into this school?

thanks

they require Bachelor's degree and no PCAT

When will applicants begin receiving supplemental invites? Has anyone received one yet?

I just submitted my Pharmcas yesterday. My app has not been mailed out by Pharmcas, yet. Some posts said that we can start before being invited to submit the supp app, so I am just wondering where I can get it?

http://www.tu.edu/departments.php?id=48&page=743

the link to the supplemental application is on the left sidebar. remember, you cannot submit it until they have reviewed your application and told to you submit the supplemental.

gemmin: It says on PharmCAS that regular cycle interviews at Touro are usually held between mid-Octr until April, so I'm assuming that applicants will start receiving supp invites beginning in Sept

Last edited:
http://www.tu.edu/departments.php?id=48&page=743

the link to the supplemental application is on the left sidebar. remember, you cannot submit it until they have reviewed your application and told to you submit the supplemental.

gemmin: It says on PharmCAS that regular cycle interviews at Touro are usually held between mid-Octr until April, so I'm assuming that applicants will start receiving supp invites beginning in Sept

Thanks, IamGnart.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the invitation yesterday. I am gonna submit it during the weekend

I received the invitation yesterday. I am gonna submit it during the weekend

When did you turn in your PharmCAS, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks :)

Received my supplemental invitation from Touro today (through snail mail FYI). I e-submitted in June, so I was in the first PharmCAS mailing. Good luck everyone. :thumbup:

Just sent out supplemental =D

I have a quick question on the personal statement. Is it single or double space?

I have a quick question on the personal statement. Is it single or double space?

If you're talking about the Touro supplemental, it might be better to do single space or at least, that's what I did last yr when I submitted the app.

I did double space. I think it's up to you. :)

I double-spaced as well. Considering how little space they give you for the rest of the questions, I would think they prefer conciseness. I know I would hate reading hundreds of full-page, single-spaced essays. :sleep:

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will make it double space as well. I was thinking single space would be too much to say.

received my touro supplemental invite today! 8/30/08 thru snail mail too >< will mail out monday!

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I will make it double space as well. I was thinking single space would be too much to say.

I agree. I think being clear and concise is the key.

The complete pharmacy staff at Touro University - California sucks! They try to act like they're all sincere but in reality they don't give a crap about you at all. (Except Dr. Panos, she's awesome, she seems to be the only one who cares about the students. And she at least takes the time to respond to your emails of concern.) Some of the staff members will straight up tell you lies just to get rid of you. Touro is completely unorganized and highly outdated with technology, given that you have to fill out a paper form to sign up for classes. I would recommend any other schools before applying to Touro.

I would do that.. def.. fill it and keep it ready.. i applied last yr but it was pretty late.. am hoping to get an interview this yr

Last year Touro did not pay attention to my application cuz i submitted it late... but they still invited me for supplemental application just to make the suplemental money.

I submitted my pharmCAS application 7/31. Does anyone know what the average wait is for a supplemental invite? It's been over a month already...

I submitted my pharmCAS application 7/31. Does anyone know what the average wait is for a supplemental invite? It's been over a month already...

I submitted pcas 7/29 and received an invite in the mail this past Saturday, so on 8/30/08.

man i wonder if i'll get an invite...can you post your stats gemmin or anyone else who received an invite?

man i wonder if i'll get an invite...can you post your stats gemmin or anyone else who received an invite?

i think you get a supplemental as long as you make their min requirements~

You will receive an invite to fill out the supplemental as long as you meet the minimum requirements. If you meet all requirements, don't worry :)

You will receive an invite to fill out the supplemental as long as you meet the minimum requirements. If you meet all requirements, don't worry :)

yeah i just got another pharmacist to submit my 3rd letter yesterday. so i technically meet all the requirements as of now.

Did you all know that Touro's deposit is $2000??? Thats crazy.

PharmCAS sent my apps to my designated schools on Aug 18th, and I finally received my touro supp. Just FYI to those who are still waiting and applied around the same time as me.

Looks like from the date of pharmcas send the mails to designated schools, it takes about 3-4 weeks before touro would request the supplementals. I had my pharmcas sent on 9-02, hopefully it would come end of this month.

ahhh....finally got the invite.

Same send dates as Prepharm.

Anyone been able to call Touro to ask questions about the prompt? I'm not sure if I'm following the prompt correctly.

Anyone been able to call Touro to ask questions about the prompt? I'm not sure if I'm following the prompt correctly.

Which part are you confused about?

I just wanted to let you guys know that interview invites are out. I received mine today and it was sent out from touro on the 9th. I sent in my PharmCAS in on 7/27 and supplemental on 8/28 and received the completed file confirmation on 9/3. You guys should be hearing back from them soon, I guess they check things pretty fast there! Good luck everyone!

Hey guys, just letting you know interview invites are out. I received mine today and it was sent out from touro on the 9th. I sent in my PharmCAS in on 7/27 and supplemental on 8/28 and received the completed file confirmation on 9/3. You guys should be hearing back from them soon, I guess they check things pretty fast there! Good luck everyone!

Thats awesome!!! GOOD LUCK!~ i mailed mine out yesterday....crossing fingers ^^

HA!

They can invite you anytime from now till May. I sent in my supplemental application in February and didn't get invited till May (after I contacted them).

On my interview day, I found out that everybody there was already invited around two to three months prior, so I got really lucky.

I just wanted to let you guys know that interview invites are out. I received mine today and it was sent out from touro on the 9th. I sent in my PharmCAS in on 7/27 and supplemental on 8/28 and received the completed file confirmation on 9/3. You guys should be hearing back from them soon, I guess they check things pretty fast there! Good luck everyone!

Congratz!! When is your interview date ? Do you mind sharing your stats? Do you know how many are they interviewing? Thanks for the info by the way. The dates are very helpful for estimation...I'm behind few weeks n no supplemental request yet..sigh.

I'll be interviewing 10/17..I'm going to be out of the country until the 15th so I chose the latest one possible so I could have one day at least to get over the jetlag. I'm not sure how many people they interview, but I think they interview in groups (I heard groups of 10-12? sounds like a lot though).

My stats aren't that amazing so don't be too worried about that. I think turning it in early is a major component in getting an interview invitation. Here's my stats though:
overall gpa: 3.44
s/m gpa: 3.55

I have a lot of EC activities though, so that probably helped my app stand out a little more. Good luck!

Did you call the office to make the appointment, because I did not see a list of available interview dates. Thanks!

There's a toll free number on the interview invite that you call and you schedule an interview date through there. They tell you what available dates they have--the latest one the have right now is 10/17.