-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro Cali/nyc
Started by panbabylon
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So I got placed on Medium Alternate list for Touro, what's the chance of me getting in? Should I Send in my transcripts for the classes that I completed in Fall 2007? Give me some feedback
if u dont' mind me asking, how did u think the interview went? did they ask u anything specific about your stats? we were informed during our interview last friday that they do take some people off the medium alternate list... it really just depends on what the issue was.. if u feel (or know) that it was gpa related, then yes, have your transcript sent with the fall 07 grades... hope this helps!
hi!
just wondering if anyone has heard back from Touro CA yet in the last week? thanks
just wondering if anyone has heard back from Touro CA yet in the last week? thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering for those who put down the $2,000 deposit, did Touro give you a confirmation of some sort that it has been received?
i am also in the medium alternate list...but they said they used to pull from medium alternate in some year,,any way good luck..also there is a chance becos many student's first option is not touro.many of them will move to other colleges and hope we have a chance then..So I got placed on Medium Alternate list for Touro, what's the chance of me getting in? Should I Send in my transcripts for the classes that I completed in Fall 2007? Give me some feedback
Anybody interviewing on March 28??
i submitted my supplementals on the 31st or so and received an invitation for an interview yesterday. I called today but the lady isn't in so i'll be calling tomorrow. Is there anything i should be expecting during the phone call?
andd
this is the only school i've heard any news from.
andd
this is the only school i've heard any news from.Hi, what did they asked you on your interview day?
Did anyone else receive an email from Steven Davis today???....regarding the interview decision from last week??🙂
I did but he just told me that the decisions were postponed till Tuesday. Was that the e-mail you received?
I did but he just told me that the decisions were postponed till Tuesday. Was that the e-mail you received?
What?😕
When did u interview??
I got the decision email today from Mr. Davis.
omg, he gave ppl their decisions?! I interviewed on Feb.1 and was told that they'd meet on v-day and have decisions e-mailed on friday. i e-mailed him and he said that the decision regarding my cop interview was postponed till tuesday. idk what's going on and i have no idea what that could mean!
i thought it might just be me, but it seemed ridiculous to think so and just tried to re-assure myself that everyone who had interviewed in the last 2 weeks were in the same boat. oh god... meanwhile, did u get accepted? i hope it was at least good news for you! 😳
i thought it might just be me, but it seemed ridiculous to think so and just tried to re-assure myself that everyone who had interviewed in the last 2 weeks were in the same boat. oh god... meanwhile, did u get accepted? i hope it was at least good news for you! 😳What?😕
When did u interview??
I got the decision email today from Mr. Davis.
I also interviewed on February 1. I emailed him soon after about getting an email notification when decisions were ready, and he said that he expected to email out decisions on February 15. However, I haven't heard from him since... so we're probably in the same boat. 🙂
Did anyone else receive an email from Steven Davis today???....regarding the interview decision from last week??🙂
yes..im on high alternate...so hopefully i will get in
omg, he gave ppl their decisions?! I interviewed on Feb.1 and was told that they'd meet on v-day and have decisions e-mailed on friday. i e-mailed him and he said that the decision regarding my cop interview was postponed till tuesday. idk what's going on and i have no idea what that could mean!i thought it might just be me, but it seemed ridiculous to think so and just tried to re-assure myself that everyone who had interviewed in the last 2 weeks were in the same boat. oh god... meanwhile, did u get accepted? i hope it was at least good news for you! 😳
Maybe they haven't decided on everyone then...they do do that sometimes. I don't think it necessarily a bad sign. My cousin got accepted to their med school and his decision was delayed too. Good luck!
Yes, I was accepted. 😱 I was soo shocked...its still hasn't sunk in.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe they haven't decided on everyone then...they do do that sometimes. I don't think it necessarily a bad sign. My cousin got accepted to their med school and his decision was delayed too. Good luck!
Yes, I was accepted. 😱 I was soo shocked...its still hasn't sunk in.
nice, congrats! when did u interview?
nice, congrats! when did u interview?
I interviewed on Feb. 7
Does anyone still receive invitation of interview letter recently? I just called to the admission office, and they told me that their interview processes will end on May?! How many of you are going to interview on May!?😕 Does it mean that they won't send any rejection letters until May!?😱
oops, forgot to mention. a suggestion to those who'll soon have their interviews at touro -- make sure to utilize the (student) tour guides! ask lots of questions. they're all there to help.
Ya, the tour guides were really good but I totally forgot to write down their email addresses🙁
Anyone else interview on Feb 7th and know the email of the tour guides??
hello Touro thread,
for those of you that have interviewed already...i see that most of you are being placed on the alternate list. is that due to your stats or because the class is already full? i turned my application in right at the deadline and just got an interview invite last week. don't know if i should go or not. please let me know. thanks! =)
for those of you that have interviewed already...i see that most of you are being placed on the alternate list. is that due to your stats or because the class is already full? i turned my application in right at the deadline and just got an interview invite last week. don't know if i should go or not. please let me know. thanks! =)
hello Touro thread,
for those of you that have interviewed already...i see that most of you are being placed on the alternate list. is that due to your stats or because the class is already full? i turned my application in right at the deadline and just got an interview invite last week. don't know if i should go or not. please let me know. thanks! =)
Hi just to get your hopes up,, last year out of the 10 people who interviewed on the last day of the interview sessions 9 got accepted!! yes its the truth. Dont forget Touro is not on the top of the list for lot of people and many are turning it down. Spots are clearing up. Go for it...
Does anyone still receive invitation of interview letter recently? I just called to the admission office, and they told me that their interview processes will end on May?! How many of you are going to interview on May!?😕 Does it mean that they won't send any rejection letters until May!?😱
Hi there,
I'm on the same boat,and I'm going to have my interview on May as well, I'm kind of down,but I can't do anything. Lets be positive...
Hi there,
I'm on the same boat,and I'm going to have my interview on May as well, I'm kind of down,but I can't do anything. Lets be positive...
When did you get your invitation letter? I haven't got mine yet! I really hope that I still have a chance! Did you get interviews from anywhere?
hey guys,
for those who have read about my situation (above) i finally found out yesterday via email that i was placed on HIGH ALT on the waitlist. 🙁 anyone else in this boat? i'm sad and i wish someone could help me thru this as i was sort've expecting an acceptance...
for those who have read about my situation (above) i finally found out yesterday via email that i was placed on HIGH ALT on the waitlist. 🙁 anyone else in this boat? i'm sad and i wish someone could help me thru this as i was sort've expecting an acceptance...
hey guys,
for those who have read about my situation (above) i finally found out yesterday via email that i was placed on HIGH ALT on the waitlist. 🙁 anyone else in this boat? i'm sad and i wish someone could help me thru this as i was sort've expecting an acceptance...
Don't be down about it. High Alternates have a really good chance of getting in at Touro. I believe the waitlist opens in June and last year they were taking people off the list till August!! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't be down about it. High Alternates have a really good chance of getting in at Touro. I believe the waitlist opens in June and last year they were taking people off the list till August!! 🙂
hey nae614, thanks for the uplifting words! 🙂 i've been down about it since i heard even tho ppl were telling me it wasn't all that bad.. but it just sux not really knowing if ur n or not... idk.. n-e-ways, THANK YOU!
Does anyone know when Touro starts? And can we do rotations in san francisco?
I believe it starts in August..not sure about rotations in SF.
Does anyone know when Touro starts? And can we do rotations in san francisco?
I think they said that they started in August, but I'm not sure. You can do rotations in SF but I think they said that they were competing with UCSF for spots. When I went in for the interview, I think I remember them saying that there are more rotation spots in Napa, Vallejo and other cities within a 30 mile radius of the school.
Anyone out there with application status updates?? 🙂
So if you haven't heard anything from Touro, other than a notice saying your application is complete back in December, does this mean you're going to be rejected?
So if you haven't heard anything from Touro, other than a notice saying your application is complete back in December, does this mean you're going to be rejected?
Maybe. I received that notice at the beginning of Jan. The interview invite came late Jan/early Feb. Maybe you should try calling them 😕.
So if you haven't heard anything from Touro, other than a notice saying your application is complete back in December, does this mean you're going to be rejected?
if i were a gambling man, id say 'yes'
I already put in my deposit and will be attending for sure too🙂
I'm wondering what everyone is doing about financial aid?....getting federal aid only or private as well. It's soo much money....If you take out 100K loan, you be $138,000 in debt by the time you graduate😱 I'm totally starting to stress about this!
I'm wondering what everyone is doing about financial aid?....getting federal aid only or private as well. It's soo much money....If you take out 100K loan, you be $138,000 in debt by the time you graduate😱 I'm totally starting to stress about this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have an important ques. for admitted Touro students---Has anyone received registration forms from them yet?? They were supposed to mail them out in early march...😕
I was waiting for them too... man, I have to defer my loans because they are scheduled to be paid back on 8/13/08. Does anyone know when we will actually be registered/ enrolled in classes for the Fall, so I can get those deferment papers sent off? 😕
Similar threads
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
E
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K